Jeff Bucknum: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone * Ronnie Bucknum, Jeff's father, won the inaugural Michigan 250 Indy car race on October 13, 1968. Finishing second was pole sitter Mario Andretti while A.J. Foyt dropped out after 97...
Jeff Bucknum: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone
* Ronnie Bucknum, Jeff's father, won the inaugural Michigan 250 Indy car race on October 13, 1968. Finishing second was pole sitter Mario Andretti while A.J. Foyt dropped out after 97 laps with a broken ring and pinion gear. Ronnie Bucknum drove Honda's first-ever Formula One car and scored points in the 1965 Mexico Grand Prix. He also finished third in the 24 Hours of LeMans in 1966. Bucknum passed away in 1992, the year his son started racing cars.
* Team manager Craig Baranouski grew up in nearby Quincy, Mich. Baranouski, 46, joined Foyt's team after the end of the 1986 season and is second only to General Manager Jack Starne in terms of consecutive years of service (Starne has been with Foyt since 1967). Baranouski began his Indy car career in 1982 with the late Scott Brayton, with whom he worked for four years before working on Pat Patrick's race team for a season. As a kid, Baranouski watched races at nearby Butler Motor Speedway in Quincy and later worked on several race teams competing there.
* Past performance at MIS: In four IRL IndyCar races, the best finish for the team was 12th last year with A.J. Foyt IV driving. The best start was ninth in 2002 with Eliseo Salazar driving. A.J. Foyt won two Indy car races at MIS in 1975 and 1976. He won four USAC stock car events at the track ('70, '73, '74, '76).
* ABC Supply customer Mike Wright has won the 'Your Name Here' contest for the Firestone Indy 400 this weekend. His company Ace Roofing, Inc., located in Millbury, OH will have its name on the top of the sidepods of the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda. Wright will receive selected merchandise, race tickets, hospitality and garage passes, plus a Meet and Greet with A.J. Foyt and Jeff Bucknum. The "Your Name Here" promotion selected winners by random drawing from a pool of entries sent in by ABC Supply customers earlier this year.
* The Firestone Indy 400 will be shown live at 3:30 p.m. eastern time Sunday, July 30 on ABC-TV.