Dario Franchitti on the Firestone Indy 400: "The ArcaEx team has been very fast all season long, including the superspeedways, so we'll go to Michigan and see what happens. Our results over the past four races have certainly improved our...
Dario Franchitti on the Firestone Indy 400:
"The ArcaEx team has been very fast all season long, including the superspeedways, so we'll go to Michigan and see what happens. Our results over the past four races have certainly improved our position in the point standings, but we're still a fair distance behind Dan. We just need to keep working as we have towards getting the ArcaEx car back into victory circle."
Dario Franchitti Facts
* The Firestone Indy 400 will mark Franchitti's 31st career IndyCar Series start.
* Franchitti has six top-five and eight top-10 finishes this season. His best performances have been a victory at Nashville (July 16), second at Richmond (June 25) and Milwaukee (July 24) and a third at St. Petersburg (April 3).
* Franchitti is riding an IRL-best string of four consecutive top-five finishes, including a second at Milwaukee (July 24), victory at Nashville (July 16), fourth at Kansas (July 3) and second at Richmond (June 25).
* Franchitti has led 312 laps this season to rank second among 2005 lap leaders, including leading 44 laps at Milwaukee, 74 laps at Nashville, 56 laps at Richmond, 67 laps at Motegi and 52 laps at Phoenix.
* Entering the Michigan event, Franchitti is tied for second in the driver point standings with 309 points.
* Franchitti finished sixth at the 89th running of the Indianapolis 500 after starting in the sixth position.
* The Scotsman recorded his first IndyCar Series MBNA Pole Award at Texas (June 10, 2004).
* Each of Franchitti's three IndyCar Series victories have come on tracks of 1.33 miles or smaller, including the 1-mile ovals at Milwaukee (2004) and Pikes Peak (2004) and the 1.33-mile Nashville track (2005).
* Franchitti has 14 major open-wheel racing victories and 12 career pole positions.
Allen McDonald, Race Engineer,
#27 ArcaEx Dallara/Honda/Firestone, on the Firestone Indy 400:
"The ArcaEx team has been competitive on the superspeedways this year and we hope to build on the good results we've posted at the past four events. It would be really nice to get Dario on three consecutive podiums."