Bryan Herta on the Firestone Indy 400: "Honda has done a great job for us and Michigan is definitely a horsepower track, so we should have the tools to succeed there. We need to concentrate on getting the XM Satellite Radio car right...
Bryan Herta on the Firestone Indy 400:
"Honda has done a great job for us and Michigan is definitely a horsepower track, so we should have the tools to succeed there. We need to concentrate on getting the XM Satellite Radio car right like we did in Milwaukee so that we're able to run up at the front."
Bryan Herta Facts
* Herta is ninth in the IndyCar Series points championship. He is only three points out of seventh place and 12 points out of sixth.
* Herta's best finish in 2005 came at the Indianapolis 500 where he finished in third place. The finish was Herta's best at Indy.
* This will be Herta's tenth start at Michigan, with his best result coming in 1996 when he had a second- place finish.
* Since his first IndyCar Series race in 2003, Herta is tied with the fourth-most top-10 results among all IndyCar Series drivers and is tied with the fifth-most top-five finishes.
* In 2005, Herta has recorded his first two career IndyCar Series pole positions. He took his first pole in Phoenix at the XM Satellite Radio Indy 200 and the second at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
* Herta is only the 10th driver in IndyCar Series history to record consecutive poles, joining teammates Tony Kanaan and Dan Wheldon.
* Herta drove the XM Satellite Radio car to a ninth-place finish in the 2004 points championship.
* Herta has three career major open-wheel racing wins and nine poles.
* Herta has one IndyCar Series victory, which came at Kansas Speedway in 2003.
George Klotz, Team Manager,
#7 XM Satellite Radio Dallara/Honda/Firestone on the Firestone Indy 400:
"The XM Satellite Radio crew feels like we've turned around the ship a little bit. Obviously, a sixth- place finish in Milwaukee wasn't what we were looking for, but it is definitely an improvement that we're going to try and carry into Michigan. It is a fast track that is flat all the way around and, thanks to Honda, we have great horsepower, so hopefully we can get our first win of the year there."