Total Target Team Effort Has Dixon and Manning "All-In" at Kentucky's Belterra Casino Indy 300 Advance Race Notes & Quotes * Target Chip Ganassi Racing heads to the 1.5 mile asphalt tri-oval at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky this ...
Total Target Team Effort Has Dixon and Manning "All-In" at Kentucky's Belterra Casino Indy 300
Advance Race Notes & Quotes
* Target Chip Ganassi Racing heads to the 1.5 mile asphalt tri-oval at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky this weekend for the Belterra Casino Indy 300 (200 laps/ 300 miles)
* It is the eleventh race of the 16- race 2004 IRL IndyCar series season and the first of three consecutive race weekends. The Kentucky race weekend is a two day event.
* Scott Dixon is currently 9th in the driver standings with 226 points, while teammate Darren Manning holds the tenth place spot with 216 points in the hunt to defend the team's 2003 IndyCar championship.
* In 2003 at Kentucky, Scott Dixon qualified 2nd and finished 2nd
* Scott Dixon has had six top tens in the last 10 races.
* Target fans can watch the race on ABC at 3:30 pm (EDT) Sunday, August 15th or they can listen in on the IMS Radio Network.
#1 Scott Dixon- Toyota / Panoz G-Force /Firestone
"The Target team ran competitively in Michigan and we'd certainly like to improve on that this weekend in Kentucky. Our engineers have worked closely with Toyota and they came through with some gains last race and that should be a big help for the next few races. The Kentucky track is fairly bumpy and I think that can be an advantage for our Toyota / G Force as it prefers the tracks that need more handling. We had a very good showing last year as I started and finished second. We've got six races left and the championship is still up for grabs. Anything can happen and although we lost some ground in the past few weeks, but nothing is impossible and with this Target team will work hard and won't give up until the checkered flag drops at the last race."
#10 Darren Manning- Toyota / Panoz G-Force /Firestone
"I was disappointed by the outcome in Michigan but there were a lot of positives the Target team could come away with. The team was perfect and Toyota has come in with some improvements that made a difference in Michigan. I feel pretty confident heading to Kentucky and I'm looking at not only running up front but finishing up front as well."