- Scott Dixon won his third pole of the year, and led an all-Target Chip Ganassi Toyota front row along with teammate Tomas Scheckter, as Toyota swept the top-seven spots on the way to its fifth pole in seven races this season in qualifying for ...
- Scott Dixon won his third pole of the year, and led an all-Target Chip Ganassi Toyota front row along with teammate Tomas Scheckter, as Toyota swept the top-seven spots on the way to its fifth pole in seven races this season in qualifying for Sunday's Kansas Indy 300.
- Toyota-powered cars have now sat on the pole for six of the last seven IRL events with the only exception coming when qualifying was washed out at Pikes Peak in June with the starting grid decided by practice times.
- Toyota-powered cars swept the first seven spots today with Tora Takagi (Pioneer Toyota), Gil de Ferran (Marlboro Toyota), Felipe Giaffone (Hollywood Toyota), Helio Castroneves (Marlboro Toyota) and Al Unser Jr. (Corteco Toyota) and following Scott Dixon and Tomas Scheckter.
- Today's pole marks the fourth front row starting position for Scott Dixon this season and the sixth time he's been in the top-four in the last seven events. Dixon now has three poles, a second, a third, a fourth and a sixth in his last seven IndyCar starts.
- Scott Dixon's pole is the fourth of the season for Target Chip Ganassi Racing and the team's third in the last four races and its fourth in the last six. Dixon won the pole at the most recent race at Richmond, as well as at`Motegi, while Scheckter was on the pole at Texas.
- With today's pole position, Target Chip Ganassi Racing drivers have now been the fastest in EVERY IndyCar session over the last two weekends - a remarkable nine consecutive sessions including Scott Dixon's win last weekend in Richmond.
- Tora Takagi (Pioneer Toyota) matched his career-best with a third-place in qualifying the fourth time he's qualified third in the last six races. Takagi now has qualified in the top-five in five of the last six IndyCar Series events.
- Scott Sharp (Delphi Toyota) made it eight Toyotas in the top 10 today with a 10th-place finish in qualifying.
Toyota Kansas Qualifying:
1. Scott Dixon
2. Tomas Scheckter
3. Tora Takagi
4. Gil de Ferran
5. Felipe Giaffone
6. Helio Castroneves
7. Al Unser Jr.
10. Scott Sharp
15. Jaques Lazier
16. A.J. Foyt IV
Kansas Indy 300, July 6, ABC, 1:00 p.m. EDT