Tony Kanaan on the Argent Mortgage Indy 300: "Team 7-Eleven has had good results in Kansas; we've finished in the top five at Kansas in each of the past two years. We're second in points right now, so we'll be looking to finish strong and put a...
Tony Kanaan on the Argent Mortgage Indy 300:
"Team 7-Eleven has had good results in Kansas; we've finished in the top five at Kansas in each of the past two years. We're second in points right now, so we'll be looking to finish strong and put a bit of a gap between ourselves and the others. Let's hope we've put all our bad results behind us and we can start some new streaks beginning this weekend."
Tony Kanaan Facts
* The Argent Mortgage Indy 300 marks Kanaan's 41st career IndyCar Series start.
* Kanaan has four top-three finishes in 2005 and has had a top-10 finish in six of seven events this season. His best effort is a second-place finish at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (April 3).
* Kanaan enters the Argent Mortgage Indy 300 second on the IndyCar Series driver points chart with 209 points, trailing only Klein Tools/Jim Beam teammate Dan Wheldon.
* Kanaan qualified on the pole position for the 89th running of the Indianapolis 500.
* Kanaan has led 130 laps during the 2005 IndyCar Series season, including 116 over the past three events (54 at the Indianapolis 500 and 62 at Texas).
* Kanaan registered an IndyCar Series record string of 18-consecutive top-five finishes, dating from the second race of the 2004 season through the third event of the 2005 campaign.
* Kanaan also set an IndyCar Series record with 25 consecutive races finished, having completed 25 consecutive events dating from the 14th race of the 2003 season (Chicagoland, Sept. 7) through the sixth event of the 2005 campaign (Texas, June 11).
* Kanaan has four career IndyCar Series wins (Phoenix 2003, 2004, Texas 2004, Nashville 2004) and six IndyCar Series poles (Homestead 2003, Phoenix 2003, Pikes Peak 2003 and 2004, Michigan 2004, Indianapolis 2005).
Eric Cowdin, Race Engineer,
#11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone, on the Argent Mortgage Indy 300:
"At Kansas, the cars tend to race a bit more spread out than what you see at Texas. They don't run in as tight of a pack. Therefore, we need to find a setup for the Team 7-Eleven car which will allow it to be more 'on edge' in traffic so Tony doesn't give up any speed when he's running by himself."