Darren Manning: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone * Manning on Kansas Speedway: "Kansas Speedway is one of the superspeedway tracks that I call big pack racing. Qualifying doesn't matter here because you can drop to the back and...
Darren Manning: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone
* Manning on Kansas Speedway: "Kansas Speedway is one of the superspeedway tracks that I call big pack racing. Qualifying doesn't matter here because you can drop to the back and come to the front because of the help you get in the draft. It's important to have a comfortable car in the race and that will be our challenge to find the right set-up in the two hours of practice we have. I think the important thing is that with each oval track race we do--this will be our third oval--we keep learning and improving our communication."
* Foyt's ABC Supply Racing team is working out of the Speedway garages this week as they prepare the No. 14 Honda-powered Dallara for this weekend's race. "Coming back from Japan on Monday didn't leave us enough time to go home to Texas to turn the cars around in our race shop," said Foyt. "It made sense to stay in Indy."
* Best Finishes at Kansas: A.J. Foyt Racing's best finish at Kansas was their victory in 2002 with driver Airton Dare. Earlier that day, A.J. Foyt IV won the inaugural Infiniti Pro Series race there and went on to win the title with three more victories.
* ABC Supply roofing customer Russell Mason Enterprises won ABC Supply's 'Your Name Here' contest for the Kansas Lottery Indy 300. The company name will be atop the sidepods of the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda. The contractor will receive selected merchandise, race tickets, hospitality and garage passes, plus a Meet and Greet with Darren Manning and A.J. Foyt. The "Your Name Here" promotion selected winners by random drawing from a pool of entries sent in by ABC Supply customers earlier this year.
* Last race: In the Indy Japan 300 at Twin Ring Motegi, Manning started 18th and finished 12th. Hoping for a yellow flag that never came, Manning had to duck into the pits for a splash of gas with four laps to go.
* The Kansas Lottery Indy 300 will be shown live at 4:30 p.m. eastern time Sunday, April 29th on ESPN2.
-credit: A.J. Foyt Racing