Danica Patrick on the Kansas Lottery Indy 300: "I will be glad to redeem myself at Kansas after the race in Motegi. I think everybody on the Motorola crew will be trying to redeem ourselves. We didn't get the result we wanted at...
Danica Patrick on the Kansas Lottery Indy 300:
"I will be glad to redeem myself at Kansas after the race in Motegi. I think everybody on the Motorola crew will be trying to redeem ourselves. We didn't get the result we wanted at Motegi and hopefully we'll get a better result at Kansas.
"We just want to put on a good show for everyone that is supporting us at Motorola, Go Daddy.com, XM, Argent, Meijer and AirTran Airways."
Danica Patrick Facts
* Patrick heads to Kansas on the heels of last weekend's 11th place finish at Twin Ring Motegi.
* Patrick is a former pole winner at Kansas Speedway (2005) and drove to a best finish of 9th in that event. This will be her third start at Kansas.
* Patrick posted a season-high eighth-place finish on April 1 at the third annual Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
* Patrick retired early from the season-opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway, while running in the top 10, and finished 14th.
* Patrick recorded eight top-10 finishes in 2006 including back-to-back fourth-place finishes at Nashville Superspeedway (July 15) and The Milwaukee Mile (July 23), placing her ninth in the final standings.
* In 2005, she won the Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award after finishing 12th in the final standings, recording two top-five and seven top-10 finishes with a season best finish of fourth at Motegi and Indianapolis.
* She started and finished fourth in the 2005 Indianapolis 500 earning her the Chase Rookie of the Year award and became the first woman to lead the Indianapolis 500.
* Patrick is one of only 18 drivers in IndyCar Series history to earn three pole positions, those coming at Kansas Speedway, Kentucky Speedway and Chicagoland Speedway in her rookie season.