Bryan Herta on the Argent Mortgage Indy 300: "I'm glad that we're going to Kansas. The last two races, the XM Satellite Radio team has managed to get top-10 finishes, but we weren't really as competitive in the races as I was hoping. ...
Bryan Herta on the Argent Mortgage Indy 300:
"I'm glad that we're going to Kansas. The last two races, the XM Satellite Radio team has managed to get top-10 finishes, but we weren't really as competitive in the races as I was hoping. So, everyone on the crew is looking forward to getting to Kansas and getting back to the front where we belong."
Bryan Herta Facts
* Herta has one IndyCar Series victory, which came at Kansas Speedway in 2003. He finished fifth at Kansas in 2004.
* Herta's best finish in 2005 came at the Indianapolis 500 where he finished in third place. The finish was Herta's best at Indy.
* Herta is sixth in the IndyCar Series points championship. He is only four points out of fifth place and 15 points out of fourth.
* Herta has six-straight top-10 finishes. Since his first IndyCar Series race in 2003, Herta has the fourth- most top-10 results among all IndyCar Series drivers and has the fifth-most top-five finishes.
* In 2005, Herta has recorded his first two career IndyCar Series pole positions. He took his first pole in Phoenix at the XM Satellite Radio Indy 200 and the second in the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
* Herta is only the 10th driver in IndyCar Series history to record consecutive poles, joining teammates Tony Kanaan and Dan Wheldon.
* Herta drove the XM Satellite Radio car to a ninth-place finish in the 2004 points championship.
* Herta has three career major open-wheel racing wins and nine poles.
Martin Pare, Race Engineer,
#7 XM Satellite Radio Dallara/Honda/Firestone on the Argent Mortgage Indy 300:
"Kansas is the first one of our speedway runs in the summer. At all the speedway tracks, you are always trying to find that fine line between mechanical grip and aero grip and trying to minimize drag, yet having the right amount of grip. Bryan has been pretty good at Kansas over the last two years, so the XM Satellite Radio team is definitely hoping for a good result."