Tony Kanaan on the 2005 Homestead-Miami Indy 300: "Everyone at Team 7-Eleven is looking forward to getting the 2005 season underway. Last year's championship is behind us and we have to focus on what lies ahead if we are to be as successful ...
Tony Kanaan on the 2005 Homestead-Miami Indy 300:
"Everyone at Team 7-Eleven is looking forward to getting the 2005 season underway. Last year's championship is behind us and we have to focus on what lies ahead if we are to be as successful this season. We had a very successful test last month at Homestead-Miami Speedway in that we didn't have any problems or mechanical failures, but that was just a test. Everyone at Team 7-Eleven has done a great job over the off-season, we're continuing to make improvements and it will be great to be racing again this weekend."
Tony Kanaan Facts
* Homestead-Miami marks Kanaan's 34th career IndyCar Series start.
* Kanaan enters Sunday's race as the defending IndyCar Series champion.
* Kanaan completed all 3,305 race laps run in 2004, making him the only IndyCar Series driver in league history to have completed every lap of competition.
* 2004 saw Kanaan record a string of 15 consecutive top-five finishes. Additionally, he both started in the top 10 and recorded a top-10 finish in 15 of 16 outings in 2004.
* Kanaan's 889 laps led in 2004 were the most of any IndyCar Series driver and more than twice that of the next-highest lap leader. In leading 889 laps, Kanaan holds the IndyCar Series record for most laps led in a season.
* With 15 top-five finishes in 2004, Kanaan holds the IndyCar Series record for most top-five finishes in a single season.
* Kanaan has four career IndyCar Series wins (Phoenix 2003, 2004, Texas 2004, Nashville 2004) and five IndyCar Series poles (Homestead 2003, Phoenix 2003, Pikes Peak 2003, 2004, Michigan 2004).
Kim Green, President, Andretti Green Racing, on the 2005 Homestead-Miami Indy 300:
"It has been a short winter for everybody, especially Tony Kanaan. He has been very busy as 2004 IndyCar Series champion. Now it is time to get down to work and try to defend our title. Tony and the Team 7-Eleven crew have done a great job on the test track. He is certainly ready to defend his title and wants to make it difficult for his teammates and the rest of the challengers in the series to take that crown away."