A.J. Foyt IV: Conseco No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone * A.J. Foyt IV on Homestead: "I like the new track much better than the old one. It's real smooth and the banking has a lot of grip. That's going to be important because the cars have less...
A.J. Foyt IV: Conseco No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone
* A.J. Foyt IV on Homestead: "I like the new track much better than the old one. It's real smooth and the banking has a lot of grip. That's going to be important because the cars have less downforce than they did last year. That makes them a little more difficult to drive. I don't think you'll see as many cars bunched up in packs like last year, they'll be spread out more but the fans will still get to see some close wheel-to-wheel racing...Our test session at Homestead went pretty good. I got a lot of laps in the Conseco car and our speeds were pretty consistent, so we were happy. I'm looking forward to the season starting up again."
* Last year, A.J. IV started 17th and finished 17th to become the youngest (18) driver to compete in an Indy Racing League IndyCar Series event.
* Rich Simon makes his debut as crew chief of the No. 14 Conseco car this weekend. Simon, who is the son of former Indy car driver and team owner Dick Simon, served as crew chief of Foyt's No. 5 Epson car last year with driver Shigeaki Hattori.
* Hot Picks: Team Conseco was polled on their choice for the Academy Award for Best Picture. The sentimental pick was "Seabiscuit" but "Lord of the Rings" was deemed the probable winner. Team Conseco owner A.J. Foyt did have to abstain from voting because the last movie he saw was "The Godfather."
* In 2003, Foyt IV's best start was 14th and his best finish was 11th. He finished 21st in the standings. His biggest payday was May 25th, his 19th birthday, when he started 23rd and finished 18th in his Indianapolis 500 debut to earn $264,315.
* For more information on Team Conseco, please check out the following Web sites: foytracing.com and conseco.com.