ALEX BARRON ON CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY: "I'm pretty familiar with the California Speedway. I've raced there about four or five times and have tested there a lot with numerous teams. The track always makes for good racing since you can run two to...
ALEX BARRON ON CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY:
"I'm pretty familiar with the California Speedway. I've raced there about four or five times and have tested there a lot with numerous teams. The track always makes for good racing since you can run two to three wide. It' s a really nice facility and we almost always have good weather. I'm looking forward to a good finish in the Toyota Indy 400. We tested at Fontana two days last week and gained a lot of useful information, which is helping us to evaluate the car better and have a stronger setup than we did in Chicago. Our goal is to improve from last weekend's 7th place finish, and hopefully put one on the podium for the Red Bull Cheever Racing team. "
* Barron gave Red Bull Cheever Racing their best finish of the 2003 season at Chicagoland Speedway, where he was substituting for Buddy Rice, and also posted one of the fastest race laps. He earned a well-fought seventh place finish, and missed winning the race by less than one-half a second from the winner, Sam Hornish Jr.
* Eddie Cheever Jr. on Barron's 7th place finish: "We posted the best result of the season," said Eddie Cheever Jr. "In fact, we just missed winning it. Had it not been for being hung out by a yellow toward the end of the race, we very well might have won it. This is a positive step. We had three days to put this all together, and it worked. I'm very proud of these guys. They worked hard, stayed focused and got results. It's nice to be able to make full use of the Gen IV Chevy engine."
* Alex Barron is a California native, who currently resides in Menifee, California. Barron's family will be cheering him on at the Toyota Indy 400, his second race for Red Bull Cheever Racing.
* The Red Bull Cheever Racing Pit Stop Competition heads into California just days before the Toyota Indy 400 at California Speedway. The nationwide tour gives people the chance to test their skills as a pit crew member. Race against the competition and the clock to see how fast you can change the tire of the No. 52 Red Bull Cheever Racing car.
September 16, 1-4 p.m. at WalMart, 41200 Murrieta Hot Springs Rd, Murrieta, CA 9p.m.-12a.m. at Jerico's Mile, 195 N. Central Ave, Upland, CA
September 17, 1-4 p.m. at WalMart, 479 McKinley St, Corona, CA 6-9 p.m. at TB Scotts, 103 N. Lincoln Ave, Corona, CA
September 19, 9 p.m.-12a.m. at Cisco's, 925 Westlake Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA
* Red Bull Cheever Racing, based in Indianapolis, is the brainchild of 1998 Indy 500 champion Eddie Cheever Jr. A leader in American motorsports, the IRL IndyCar Series team is built on Cheever's experience in Formula One, sports cars and open-wheel oval racing. Corporate and technical partnerships include the world's leading energy drink Red Bull, Chevrolet, Dallara, and Firestone.