A.J. Foyt IV: Conseco No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone * A.J. Foyt IV on California: "I'm looking forward to running at California Speedway which is very similar to Michigan--there's lots of room to race. With the Toyota engine running...
A.J. Foyt IV: Conseco No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone
* A.J. Foyt IV on California: "I'm looking forward to running at California Speedway which is very similar to Michigan--there's lots of room to race. With the Toyota engine running better, we've picked up the performance of the Conseco car on the superspeedways so we should be strong like we were at Chicagoland. The big thing is to try to finish the race this time. We found out the reason for the crash at Chicagoland was a broken halfshaft, most likely due to defective material because of the way it broke. I'm hoping for some better luck in the final two races of the season."
* A.J. IV competed in his first supermodified race at Madera Speedway Sept. 18th. Driving for IndyCar driver Davey Hamilton, Foyt IV tied for fast time with two-time Supermodified Racing League (SRL) champion Troy Regier. Inverting the top eight qualifiers, Foyt IV started eighth and finished fourth in the SRL portion of the Harvest Classic which was won by Jim Birges.
* At the Delphi Indy 300: A.J. IV posted his career best qualifying run to date, earning sixth position on the grid at Chicagoland Speedway. He ran strong throughout the race only to have the right rear halfshaft break as he was exiting turn four on lap 156 of the 200-lapper. His car shot to the wall collecting rookie Mark Taylor who was outside Foyt IV. Apart from minor bruises, neither driver was injured. Foyt IV was credited with 16th.
* A.J. IV's past performance at California: Last year A.J. IV struggled with the car's handling until adjustments could be made on the first stop. A troubled second pit stop cost him some positions which he regained. However in the latter part of the race, the sway bars weren't working properly and he fell back to 17th.
* Foyt Racing's past performance at California Speedway: In 2002, Airton Dare started 20th and finished 13th while Eliseo Salazar started and finished 15th.
* The Toyota Indy 400 will be televised live Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m . Eastern time on ESPN .
* For more information, please check out these respective web sites: www.foytracing.com and www.conseco.com.