* Billy Boat earned the fourth PPG Pole Award of his Pep Boys IRL career today at Pikes Peak International Raceway. It is his third PPG Pole this season. In every race he qualified for this season, Billy has started from the front row ...
* Billy Boat earned the fourth PPG Pole Award of his Pep Boys IRL career today at Pikes Peak International Raceway. It is his third PPG Pole this season. In every race he qualified for this season, Billy has started from the front row (Phoenix-second; I ndy-pole; Texas-second; New Hampshire-pole; Pikes Peak-pole).
* Driving the No. 11 Conseco/A.J. Foyt Dallara-Aurora on Goodyear tires, Billy Boat set a track record with his best qualifying lap of 178.571 mph (20.160 seconds).
* Billy Boat earned $10,000 and the PPG Pole Award for winning the pole. His chief mechanic, Craig Baranouski, earned $10,000, a trophy and a Tag Heuer watch as the True Value Pole Winning Chief Mechanic.
* Billy Boat said, "The A.J. Foyt-Conseco car was really the best it had been all weekend. The car was perfect. I could run just about flat out all the way around. You really couldn't ask for more." (about his injuries): "I feel the best when I'm out t here driving. You have all the adrenaline rushing through you and you're concentrating so hard on driving. I don't even think about it (his broken leg)." (about his chances in the race): "When we went out, we were in the hunt for the championship. Aft er missing two races, we're now in 12th place in the points. We're going out to win every pole and every race. That's the attitude we have to have."
* A.J. Foyt jokingly said, "Yeah, I was hoping to get in the 19-second bracket, but I guess we did good enough. We're really happy to be up there with both cars (Kenny Brack qualified fifth). I don't care who you are, if you're racing you want to be up front and out do the rest of the competition."