Darren Manning: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda/Firestone * Darren Manning on racing at Chicagoland: "Chicagoland is another big pack race much like Michigan. I like that kind of racing where you can stay in the draft and be competitive even...
Darren Manning: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda/Firestone
* Darren Manning on racing at Chicagoland: "Chicagoland is another big pack race much like Michigan. I like that kind of racing where you can stay in the draft and be competitive even if you don't have the fastest car. However, I don't always like the results (referring to his crashing out of Michigan after marching from 12th into ninth and challenging for eighth). I'm looking forward to using everything we've learned on the superspeedways this year to have a good run in our season finale."
* Returning home: After the final race of the IndyCar Series, Manning will fly home to England. He and regular pilot Warren Hughes will race the Embassy Racing Radical SR9/Judd in the Le Mans Series 1000km, six-hour LMP2 race at Silverstone, the circuit Manning calls his home track. "It's where I grew up and won many of my major races," he said. "I know the circuit like the back of my hand so it's a good chance to do well. Plus my family and friends from up north are coming down to watch me race as well my friends from Northampton so it'll be a nice weekend."
* Point Race: With 320 points, Manning is currently 13th in the standings, two points behind Vitor Meira (12th) and 18 points behind Marco Andretti (10th with highest finish) and Buddy Rice (11th) who each have 338 points. For Manning to break into the top 10, he would have to finish fourth or better and have the above drivers finish 18th or worse. With 22 entrants for this weekend, that is a possibility. Regardless of where he finishes at Chicagoland, Manning will have given the Foyt team its best points finish since 2002 when Airton Dare placed ninth. To date, Manning has two-top five finishes and five top-10s with a best finish of fourth at Detroit.
* Bartlett Roofing, Siding & Windows, located in Bartlett, Ill., is this weekend's winner of the ABC Supply Your Name Here Promotion for its customers. The company name will be put on the top of the sidepods of the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda. Company officials will receive selected merchandise, race tickets, hospitality and garage passes, plus a Meet and Greet with A.J. Foyt and Darren Manning. The "Your Name Here" promotion selected winners by random drawing from a pool of entries sent in by ABC Supply customers earlier this year.
* Past Performances at Chicagoland: Manning has only raced once at Chicagoland in 2004. He was running fifth when he and Buddy Rice made contact and Rice's car was launched into a flip on the backstretch. Both drivers walked away. The Foyt team's best start at Chicagoland was sixth in 2005 with A.J. Foyt IV; their best finish was fifth in 2001 with driver Donnie Beechler.
* The race will be televised live on ABC-TV starting at 4:00 pm eastern time. Get live timing and scoring at www.indycar.com.