FORT WORTH-DALLAS (Oct. 6, 2000) - Being the Halloween season, some wonder what may lurk ahead for participants of the Excite 500 race week, Oct. 12-15 at Texas Motor Speedway. The outcome for the Indy Racing championship is certainly not ...
FORT WORTH-DALLAS (Oct. 6, 2000) - Being the Halloween season, some wonder what may lurk ahead for participants of the Excite 500 race week, Oct. 12-15 at Texas Motor Speedway.
The outcome for the Indy Racing championship is certainly not clear with three drivers still in contention coming into the Oct. 15 Excite 500. Current points leader Buddy Lazier, is a Halloween baby, born on Oct. 31. Will that mean "tricks or treats" for him in his quest for the championship? And what about Scott Goodyear and Eddie Cheever, also vying for the top spot? What lies in the cards for them?
Here's what some of the experts of this spooky season have to say about the potential outcome of the Indy season's final showdown.
Psychic Allison Klupar of Gilbert, Arizona is somewhat familiar with Fort Worth-Dallas having worked with local law enforcement agencies in the area. But racing is something new.
Ironically, her mother was a United States Auto Club queen in the 1960's, but that has really been the extent of her association with racing - until now.
"This was really sort of fun and interesting to do," said Klupar. "I really don't know anything about racing per se, but I had some definite thoughts on the outcome of the Indy Racing championship even so."
Klupar was given basic information about the three drivers vying for the championship.
"I instantly saw the sequence of numbers -- two, one, three," said Klupar, "meaning that is the order of finish corresponding to their current position." After more consideration of the situation, here is what Klupar sees as the outcome of the Indy Racing championship.
1) Scott Goodyear - yellow car wins - Scott comes into a lot of money on this day
2) Buddy Lazier - see him in the background watching - 2nd place
3) Eddie Cheever - I see something unexpected happening on this day
"This is so different from the type of work I'm used to doing," said Klupar. "I usually do profiling of individuals, never anything with sporting events like this. I'll definitely be watching the race myself. I think I'll host a watching party and invite all my friends. I'm really curious now to see what will happen."
One of Klupar's fellow psychics, Catherine Yunt, who also does some astrology, sees the same outcome of the championship.
"She immediately said to me that the one driving a yellow car would win," said Klupar. "After asking about the car colors, we found out that was Goodyear, which ironically coincided with what I had thought. She also sees Lazier second and Cheever third. Of course, we didn't have Goodyear's exact time of birth, which could possibly change things."
Other observations included:
1) Goodyear - Aries ascendant which rules race car drivers and Jupiter is in his house of money - it will bring good things.
2) Lazier - Mars is in his tenth house transiting his mid-heaven which will bring recognition and his north node is also in Aries, again ruling race car drivers. Leo is also in his mid-heaven which also indicates recognition.
3) Cheever - Definitely has the chart of a race car driver. Transiting Uranus is at his mid-heaven that day indicating something sudden and unexpected.
Only one thing seems to be certain -- fans should plan to attend the Excite 500 to actually "see" who will win it all.