IndyCar announces Grand Prix of Alabama penalties
Five infractions detailed.
INDYCAR announced the following post-event infractions from the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, which was held April 25-26 at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Ala.:
• Chevrolet received a deduction of 20 manufacturer championship points per Verizon IndyCar Series regulations. According to Rule 10.6.4.4, 20 points will be deducted for a non-minor engine repair to the Chevrolet engine in the No. 8 entry (Sage Karam). Chevrolet notified INDYCAR and completed the repair within the scope of the rules.
• INDYCAR officials fined crew members of Team Penske a total of $1,500 for violating Rule 7.9.6 (failure to attend equipment during pit stop).
• INDYCAR officials fined KV Racing Technology $500 for violating Rule 18.104.22.168 (passing over own airhose).
• INDYCAR officials fined a crew member of Chip Ganassi Racing Teams $500 for violating Rule 7.9.6 (failure to attend equipment during pit stop).
• INDYCAR officials withdrew the $500 penalty imposed against a crew member of KV Racing Technology on April 22 for violating Rule 22.214.171.124(f) (fueling without visor down) after a further internal review.
Members may contest the imposition of the penalties pursuant to the procedures and timelines detailed in the review and appeal procedures of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.
Jeff Gordon to drive Indy 500 pace car
Honda shows off its Indy 500 challenger
About this article
|Location||Barber Motorsports Park|
|Article type||Breaking news|