Driver: Danica Patrick Car: ...
Driver: Danica Patrick
Car: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Danica Patrick Facts:
- Patrick is currently fifth in the championship point standings. - Patrick has five top-five finishes and 10 top-10 finishes thus far in the 2009 season.
- Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.
- Patrick has one IndyCar Series victory, which came at the Indy Japan 300 in 2008.
Danica Patrick on the Firestone Indy 300: "The Homestead track is a very challenging track. It's really difficult to get your car to feel comfortable and fast, but once you do you're a step above the rest. We had a really good test in Homestead last week, so we will use the data we got and use it to our advantage. It would be great to end the season on a high note and have a strong finish come Saturday."
Driver: Tony Kanaan
Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Tony Kanaan Facts:
- Kanaan is currently eighth in the championship point standings.
- Kanaan has three podium and four top-five finishes in 2009.
- Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
- Has led over 2,600 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.
Tony Kanaan on the Firestone Indy 300: "I'm happy to be able to be home. The Homestead-Miami track is like my home track and I'm excited to be able to race in front of family and friends. We had a good test in Homestead last week, so hopefully we can capture our first win this weekend. This will be the last chance to do so for the season, so I'm looking forward to racing there."
Driver: Marco Andretti
Car: #26 Team Venom Energy Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Marco Andretti Facts:
- Andretti is currently sixth in the IndyCar Series championship standings, only 13 points out of fifth. - Andretti has 11 top-10 finishes thus far this season.
- Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.
- Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.
Marco Andretti on the Firestone Indy 300: "I'm excited about finishing the season at Homestead-Miami this year; it's a great circuit with a great atmosphere. We were able to run really strong here last year and finished on the podium. I think the Venom car will have a good chance of being just as competitive this year and I hope to end the season with a solid finish."
Driver: Hideki Mutoh
Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Hideki Mutoh Facts:
- Mutoh is 11th in the championship point standings.
- Posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top 10 at the Indy 500 in two career starts.
- Captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.
Hideki Mutoh on the Firestone Indy 300: "I cannot believe it is already the last race of this season. I was hoping to get my first win by now, but we haven't gotten to victory lane yet, so I hope I can get the best result in Homestead to end this year happy. I am looking forward to our final race in Homestead."