* Vitor Meira on Homestead-Miami Speedway: "Of all the 1.5 mile ovals, Homestead is definitely the toughest one. Mechanically, the car has to be really sorted in the corners. The track is not like the other 1.5 mile ovals which are tri-ovals, this...
* Vitor Meira on Homestead-Miami Speedway: "Of all the 1.5 mile ovals, Homestead is definitely the toughest one. Mechanically, the car has to be really sorted in the corners. The track is not like the other 1.5 mile ovals which are tri-ovals, this track is shaped like a paper clip. The corners are much more severe and longer and that makes a big difference. Not only that, it has progressive banking too. To run on the bottom where it's faster, you have less banking so it takes a lot of car so it's a very tricky, track. You need the car to turn, it's not all about having the car freed up and fast, it demands a lot of mechanical setup which is grip without adding drag. Every driver is going to tell you it's the toughest 1.5 mile oval. From my experience, turn 3 and 4 is where it's at. Even if the car's not so good in 1 and 2, it's really not good in 3 and 4. Always 3 and 4 are where it gets complicated. I don't know why, it seems like the asphalt there has much less grip."
* Meira on testing at Homestead-Miami Speedway this past Monday: "The test went fine. We found out the ABC Supply car handles really well. We have to go after a little more speed. We're going to change engines and give the car some love. We'll go faster because we're pretty well sorted mechanically."
* Meira on last race of season: "I'm looking forward to this race. We have some positions to gain --we're very close to Alex Tagliani but also the people behind us are very close to us, so coming here to test was a huge help to finish the season well. "
* Looking forward to the off season? "Not really, luckily, thank God I do what I love. If it was up to me, I'd be doing it 12 months a year but I know it's rough on everybody else. It's rough on me too, so a little time off would be good but not much, not much time off at all hopefully."
* The IZOD IndyCar Series autograph session will be held Thursday, Sept. 30th at Macy's in the Dadeland Mall. The drivers will be signing from 6 to 7 pm inside the Men's Department of the store.