Notes & Quotes: Rexall Edmonton Indy Ryan Hunter-Reay: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda * Ryan Hunter-Reay on racing at Edmonton: "I like racing there because of the atmosphere and I'm a big fan of airport road courses. They're...
Notes & Quotes: Rexall Edmonton Indy
Ryan Hunter-Reay: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda
* Ryan Hunter-Reay on racing at Edmonton: "I like racing there because of the atmosphere and I'm a big fan of airport road courses. They're usually really fast and flowing which makes for good racing like Cleveland back in the day. They end up being fun because you're using airport runways and taxi ways where you can actually get a lot of corner speed. What makes it challenging is the fact that it has road course type corners and street course type corners in it -- all at the same track. It has a very smooth flowing fast section and on the other side it has a very bumpy section so it's a small window to nail the set-up. I think there's a little bit of a compromise in the set-up but if you make the car good over the bumpy stuff, it'll be good over the smooth section."
* RHR on what it takes to win at Edmonton: "You have to be very strong in the fastest corners which are the two last two, 13 and 14, and then the back fast right hander -- turn 9 -- because those turns lead onto the only passing zones on the track. I think those are the keys. You have to be quick in the really fast chicane and the very fast right hander at the back side of the track."
* Last year at Edmonton, Hunter-Reay started 13th and finished eighth; Darren Manning started 18th in the No. 14 and finished 10th.
* On his weekend off: "On Friday and Saturday I was in Florida with my mom and then Saturday night I came out to California. I did some cycling and surfing on Sunday."
* Life in the Fast Lane: A.J. Foyt and his family jetted into (and out of) Napa, California on Saturday, July 18th to attend the wedding of his grandson A.J. IV (Anthony) to Casey Irsay, daughter of Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay. Larry Foyt was the Best Man and had been in California most of last week as there were extensive activities planned for the wedding party and guests. The newlyweds flew to a 5-star resort in Jackson Hole, WY for their honeymoon.
* Toronto performance: Hunter-Reay started 12th (tied with his best start of 09 and the No. 14's best start of 09) and finished 7th for his best finish with the Foyt team. It was also the ABC Supply team's best finish this year to date.
* Past Performances on road courses in 2009: At Watkins Glen, Hunter-Reay started 21st but never made a lap; he was eliminated in a multi-car crash on the first lap. At Long Beach he started 12th and finished 11th driving for Vision Racing while the No. 14 started 20th with Vitor Meira and finished 14th. At St. Petersburg, Hunter-Reay started 14th and finished 2nd while Meira started 17th and finished 9th.
* Brickyard Interview: A.J. Foyt and Tony Stewart's joint interview, taped at the yard of bricks at Indianapolis Motor Speedway earlier this month, will be shown as part of the pre-race show.
* The Rexall Edmonton Indy will be shown live Sunday, July 26 at 5:00 p.m. ET on Versus.