BRIDGESTONE POTENZA FAST FACTS Champ Car World Series Belgian Champ Car Grand Prix at Circuit-Zolder Heusden-Zolder, Belgium August 24-26, 2007 - Round 11 of 16 Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is 2.449 miles...
BRIDGESTONE POTENZA FAST FACTS
Champ Car World Series
Belgian Champ Car Grand Prix at Circuit-Zolder
August 24-26, 2007 - Round 11 of 16
Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is 2.449 miles (3.941 kilometers).
Television Broadcast: Live - Sunday, August 26, at 8 a.m. EDT on ESPN Classic.
Bridgestone Potenza Tires Supplied:
* Primary (black-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 490, each car gets seven sets.
* Alternate (red-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 158, each car gets two sets.
* Wet-condition (rain) tires: 385 with tread pattern, each car gets four sets.
* In a normal dry-condition race, each car must use at least one set of primary and one set of alternate Potenzas. The primary and alternate tires' construction is identical, but the alternates possess a tread compound with better grip ("softer"), making them faster but possibly not quite as durable.
* Bridgestone Motorsport is bringing its highly durable and moderate-grip primary road course Potenza specification, along with our highest-grip road course spec for the alternates. The wet-condition tire is the new-for-this-season, durable rain tire, referred to as the "road course rain." The tires are the same specifications used previously this year at Cleveland, Mont-Tremblant and Edmonton.
From Al Speyer, Executive Director, Bridgestone Motorsport: "These two new courses in Europe, Zolder and Assen, present a challenge to the Bridgestone Motorsport team. But it's one we're looking forward to, along with everyone else in the Champ Car World Series! While we do not have any experience on this particular track, the Bridgestone Potenza tire specifications we have selected for this event have been proven on other road courses this season, so from that standpoint, both our engineers and the drivers should know what to expect. This European swing has been much-anticipated - especially this first round at Zolder as Bridgestone Europe is based in Belgium - and we are looking forward to showing them what Champ Car is all about."