BRIDGESTONE POTENZA FAST FACTS Champ Car World Series San Jose Grand Prix at Redback Raceway Streets of San Jose, Calif. July 27-29, 2007 - Round 9 of 16 Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is 1.443 miles (2.322 ...
BRIDGESTONE POTENZA FAST FACTS
Champ Car World Series
San Jose Grand Prix at Redback Raceway
Streets of San Jose, Calif.
July 27-29, 2007 - Round 9 of 16
Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is 1.443 miles (2.322 kilometers).
Television Broadcast: Live - Sunday, July 29, at 6 p.m. EDT on ESPN2.
Bridgestone Potenza Tires Supplied:
* Primary (black-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 546, each car gets seven sets for the weekend.
* Alternate (red-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 174, each car gets two sets.
* Wet-condition (rain) tires: 308 with tread pattern, each car gets four sets.
* In a normal dry-condition race, each car must use at least one set of primary and one set of alternate Potenzas. The primary and alternate tires' construction is identical, but the alternates possess a tread compound with better grip ("softer"), making them faster but possibly not quite as durable.
* Bridgestone Motorsport is bringing its softest street-course primary and wet condition Potenzas to take on San Jose's temporary street circuit. The primary Potenza is the same tire used here last year, and it has proven its merit on the streets of Las Vegas, Long Beach, Houston and Toronto this season. Engineers have elected to bring a new spec of the alternate red-sidewall tire that has been designed to provide drivers with increased grip. The alternate tire for San Jose is an advancement of the alternate tire used in Long Beach earlier this season.
From Al Speyer, Executive Director, Bridgestone Motorsport: "Bridgestone Motorsport is bringing the same primary Potenza tire that we brought here last year, so drivers will have a good idea of what to expect. The new alternates, designed to give the drivers even more grip, should come in handy on this tight street circuit and provide some extra excitement for the large crowd of spectators that always turn up for this event. The new alternate tire contains cutting edge technology that we hope someday will improve the performance of Bridgestone's street tires. Using racing to develop better street tires continues to be an important element of Bridgestone's Champ Car program."
-credit: bridgestone motorsports