Norberto Fontana ...
#10 Della Penna VideoMatch Toyota/Reynard
1999 International Formula 3000 Championship - Fortec Motorsports - #35
* In ten events, collected five top-ten starts and four top-ten finishes.
* Earned a season high start of fifth at Imola, Silverstone and A1 Ring and a season high finish of fifth at Monaco and Silverstone.
* Finished 15th in the International Formula 3000 Championship.
1998 Japanese Formula Nippon - LeMans - #7 Reynard D97 Mugen
* Competed in nine races qualifying in the top-ten for each event, of which six where top-five starts including one pole position at Motegi.
* Had four top-ten finishes including three podium finishes - a win at Fuji, second at Mine and third at Suzuka.
* Finished fourth in the Formula Nippon Championship with 21 points. Japanese GT 500 Series - Tom's Toyota - #36 Supra Toyota
* Had seven starts in the series earning five top-ten finishes including a season high start of third at Fuji.
* Earned four top-ten finishes with two podiums highlighting the season (third at Sendai and Motegi).
* Finished seventh in the GT 500 series with 33 points to his credit.
1997 Japanese Formula Nippon - LeMans - #1 Reynard D97 Mugen
* In ten races, collected six top-ten starts with a second place start (Fuji) highlighting the year.
* Had seven top-ten finishes, winning at Mine. Also earned podium finishes at Fuji (second) and Motegi (third).
* Finished third in the series championship with 21 points to his credit.
* Contested four Formula One Grand Prix (France, England, Germany and Jerez) for the Sauber team, replacing the injured Gianni Morbidelli. Finished ninth at Silverstone and Hockenheim.
1996 Japanese Formula Nippon - Nova Team - #10 Lola T96/51 Honda
* In ten starts, collected four top-ten finishes with a season high of fourth at Fuji.
* Scored four top-ten finishes including a win at Fuji and two second place finishes (Fuji and Mine).
* Finished fifth in the championship with 22 points.
* Continued as the Sauber-Ford Formula One test driver for the third year.
* Participated in the Porsche Supercup event at Spa finishing eleventh and the International Formula 3000 event in Estoril.
1995 German Formula 3 - KMS Team - #7 Dallara 395-Opel Spiess
* Captured the German Formula 3 Championship beating out Formula One's Ralf Schumacher.
* Scored ten wins in 16 starts finishing every event in the top-five.
* Earned ten pole positions qualifying in the top-three for all but one event.
* Continued as the Sauber-Ford Formula One test driver.
* Competed in three Formula 3 invitational events for the KMS Team finishing eighth at the Monaco Formula 3 Grand Prix, clinching the Masters Formula 3 title in Zandvoort and finishing fifth at the Macao Formula 3 Grand Prix.
* Finished fifth at the Porsche Supercup Championship in Hungaroring-Hungary.
1994 German Formula 3 Championship - KMS Team - #15 Dallara 394-Opel
* Earned Rookie of the Year honors scoring three victories (Wunstorf and two events at Nurburgring) and ten top-ten finishes.
* Made 19 starts collecting three pole positions (Wunstorf and two events at Nurburgring) and eleven top-ten starts.
* Finished sixth in the series championship.
* Completed his first Formula One test with Sauber-Mercedes Benz in Montebello, Spain.
* Contested three Formula 3 invitational events: the Monaco Grand Prix, the Formula 3 Masters (finished fifth) and the Macao Grand Prix.
1993 Swiss Formula Ford 1600 - Schnellmann - #48 Van Diemen Ford
* Captured the Swiss Formula Ford Championship with six victories (three events at Hockenheim, Dijon-Prenois, Magny-Cours and Varano). Earned seven top-ten finishes.
* In eight starts, scored six top-ten starts with four pole positions (three events at Hockenheim, Dijon-Prenois and Varona).
* Finished third in the European Formula Ford 1800 Championship competing in four races.
* Won from the pole at Hockenheim in his one German Formula Ford 1600 event. Participated in this event in preparation for a full-season of Swiss Formula Ford 1600.
* Also competed in the German Formula Ford 1800 championship in five races earning two victories (Nurburgring and Hockenheim).
* Contested one French Formula Ford 1800 finishing fifth at LeMans.
* Participated in two Formula Lotus Opel races representing Argentina in the Nations Cup.
1983 - 1992 Karting Competition
* In 1992, raced in ten races of the Argentine Formula Renault Elf Championship.
* In 1991, became the Argentinean National Karting Champion. Also won championship titles in the Buenos Aires Karting free and standard categories.
* In 1989, finished second in the Buenos Aires Championship in his rookie season.
* Started racing karts at the age of eight in 1983.
- DPM -