Bridgestone Potenza 500 Round 3 - 2002 CART FedEx Championship Series Twin Ring Motegi - April 27, 2002 Scott Dixon Fast Facts ...
Bridgestone Potenza 500
Round 3 - 2002 CART FedEx Championship Series
Twin Ring Motegi - April 27, 2002
Scott Dixon Fast Facts
#7 PWR Toyota Lola Bridgestone
* Scott Dixon enters the Bridgestone Potenza 500 in 12th place in the Driver's Championship with eight points.
* Dixon enters the 2002 season as the 2001 Jim Trueman Rookie of the year, which he clinched during round 20 in Australia
* Dixon is the youngest driver ever to win a CART race, at age 20 years, 9 months and 14 days, when he crossed the finish line at Nazareth in 2001.
* He made it to the podium again at Milwaukee when he finished third, following with fourth place results at Chicago, Road America and Laguna Seca.
* In 2002, Dixon scored championship points in 11 of 20 starts.
* Led the 2001 CART FedEx Championship Series in laps completed, with 2,521 of possible 2,610, and miles completed, with 4,351.217 of a possible 4,520.983.
* Finished eighth in the 2001 season with 98 points.
* Dixon returns to Twin Ring Motegi oval for his second competitive visit in a Champ Car. In 2001, Dixon qualified 20th and finished 9th.
Scott Dixon Quote
"Racing at Motegi as a rookie last year was a great experience. The fans enjoy motor racing and it really adds to your motivation. It's a tough race and even though I had a good car there last year, I didn't qualifying so well (20th) and had to work hard for every position. I finished the race in ninth position thanks to good fuel conservation and a great pit strategy. The Toyota has been very strong and consistent on ovals, so I'm confident we'll produce some good results. I was disappointed with the outcome of the Long Beach race, but I'm certainly not discouraged. The team has been working very hard along with Toyota and Lola - we just have to keep at it in hopes to make up some ground and bring home points."
Oriol Servia Fast Facts
#17 PWR Toyota Lola Bridgestone
* Oriol Servia enters the Bridgestone Potenza 500 in 14th place in the Driver's Championship with five points.
* Servia is the only driver from Catalonia, a region in Spain, racing in the FedEx CART Championship Series.
* This is Servia's third season in the FedEx CART Championship Series.
* His best finish in a CART race was 3rd place at Detroit in 2000.
* Servia's best finish during the 2001 season was 5th place in back-to-back events at Vancouver and Germany.
* Scored championship points in nine of 20 starts during the 2001 season.
* His best starting position in CART was 3rd at Texas Motor Speedway in April 2001.
* Servia was the runner-up for the Jim Trueman Rookie-of-the-Year award in 2000.
* The Bridgestone Potenza 500 will be Servia's 43rd career CART start.
* Servia was the 1999 PPG-Dayton Indy Lights Champion.
* Finished second in the FedEx Championship Series in laps completed, with 2,394 of a possible 2,610; and third in miles completed, with 4,087.727 of a possible 4,520.983.
* Finished 19th in the 2001 CART FedEx Championship Series with 42 points.
* Servia returns to the Twin Ring Motegi oval for his third competitive visit in a Champ Car. In 2001, Servia qualified 18th and finished 14th.
Oriol Servia Quote
"Motegi is a place I like because the track and the facilities are very nice," said Servia. "Turn One is very fast while the other ones are quite technical and difficult, which make for a good combination. I always enjoy going to Japan, but the last two years at Motegi have not been very good for me. Two years ago I had an incident at the start and didn't complete a lap. Last year we had a couple unfortunate issues - we ran out of fuel on my second pit stop and I had to coast into the pits. After fueling the car I was able to get back out on track, but then lost radio contact, which complicated things even more. Toyota-power has proven to be solid on ovals and we've been working very hard on our oval set-up, so I think we're going to be strong there."