Dixon leads Toyota at Milwaukee in Target debut. - Scott Dixon was the top qualifying Toyota in his debut performance with Target Chip Ganassi Racing as the 21-year-old placed his Target Toyota fourth on the grid for Sunday's Miller Lite...
Dixon leads Toyota at Milwaukee in Target debut.
- Scott Dixon was the top qualifying Toyota in his debut performance with Target Chip Ganassi Racing as the 21-year-old placed his Target Toyota fourth on the grid for Sunday's Miller Lite 250.
- Scott Dixon's fourth is his best-ever oval qualifying effort, far surpassing his previous best of 10th set at Fontana last year. Dixon's best-ever qualifying was a third at Road America last season.
- Bruno Junqueira earned his third consecutive CART top-five qualifying position with a fifth today. Junqueira won the pole in the last race at Motegi, Japan and was third at Long Beach. Junqueira continues to lead the FedEx Championship Series for the best average starting position this season with an average starting spot of fourth. In addition, the Target Ganassi driver also won the pole for last weekend's Indianapolis 500.
- With Scott Dixon and Bruno Junqueira qualifying fourth and fifth, respectively, it marked the third consecutive CART race that Target Chip Ganassi Racing has qualified two cars in the top-five.
- With the seventh-place starting position for tomorrow's race, Cristiano da Matta has now qualified eighth or better in each of the season's four races. Da Matta and Bruno Junqueira are the only two CART drivers to qualify in the top-10 in every race this season.
- Tora Takagi made it three Toyotas in the top 10 for tomorrow's main event with a 10th today. Takagi earned his best-ever starting position of third on the Michigan superspeedway last season.
Scott Dixon, #44 Target Toyota: "We've had a lot going on all week (with the move to Target Ganassi). It's nice to roll off the trailer straight away on Friday and go to work on fine-tuning the car. We worked on our race set-up on Friday, using only one set of tires and didn't really start to prepare for qualifying until this morning. The whole Target team has done a great job and the Toyota engine, like always, has been very reliable and solid all weekend."
Toyota Drivers Miller Lite 250 Qualifying
4. Scott Dixon
5. Bruno Junqueira
7. Cristiano da Matta
10. Tora Takagi
14. Kenny Brack
15. Christian Fittipaldi
19. Townsend Bell
Miller Lite 250, June 2, CBS, 12:30 p.m. EDT