Miller Lite 225 Round 6--2001 FedEx Championship Series The Milwaukee Mile-West Allis, Wi-June 1-3 What: Miller Lite 225-Round 6 of the 21-race CART FedEx Championship Series When: Sunday, June 3. Broadcast: 4 p.m. ET on ABC. Broadcast...
Miller Lite 225
Round 6--2001 FedEx Championship Series
The Milwaukee Mile-West Allis, Wi-June 1-3
What: Miller Lite 225-Round 6 of the 21-race CART FedEx Championship Series
When: Sunday, June 3. Broadcast: 4 p.m. ET on ABC. Broadcast live on CART Radio Network affiliates. Qualifying television coverage: Saturday, June 2; 4:30 p.m. ESPN2. Coverage of practice, qualifying and the race is also live on CART.com. Practice-Friday, June 1.
Where: The 1.032-mile oval in West Allis, Wisconsin.
Scott Dixon Fast Facts
#18 Powerware Panasonic PacWest Toyota
* PacWest Racing rookie driver, Scott Dixon, ranks 8th in the 2001 CART FedEx Series with 24 points.
* Dixon is currently 2nd in points scored on oval tracks, trailing only Kenny Brack.
* Dixon leads the Jim Trueman Rookie of the Year standings with 24 points, enjoying a 13 point advantage over Bruno Junqueira.
* Dixon won the 2000 Indy Lights race at Milwaukee, also taking the pole position. In 1999, qualified 8th and finished 15th following contact with another driver.
* Dixon captured his first win at Nazareth in only his third Champ Car start.
* Dixon is the youngest-ever winner of a Champ Car race.
* Dixon was the 2000 Dayton Indy Lights Champion with six wins, seven podiums, and one pole position, finishing the season with 155 points.
Scott Dixon Quotes
"I did great at Milwaukee last year in Indy Lights competition. I qualified on the pole and then went on to win the race, so I'm looking forward to getting back there and running another good race for PacWest. It's definitely an old track, but it's a short oval so there should be a lot of action. The corners are pretty wide so we will see a lot of wheel-to-wheel racing. My Toyota Reynard has been dependable and I've been doing really well coming out of the corners on ovals. I'm eighth in the point standings, which will help me with qualifying - overall I feel pretty confident going into this race."
Mauricio Gugelmin Fast Facts
#17 Nextel PacWest Toyota
* Mauricio Gugelmin comes into Milwaukee off his first point-scoring race of the season, picking up one point for his 12th place finish in Japan.
* This will be Gugelmin's seventh Milwaukee race. Last year, he qualified 8th on his way to a point-scoring 11th place finish. 1997 brought his best results, as he qualified 2nd and finished 5th. He has finished in the top 15 in six of his Milwaukee races and qualified in the top 12 in all but his rookie year.
* Gugelmin, one of CART's most experienced drivers, is in his ninth year of FedEx Championship Series competition.
Mauricio Gugelmin Quotes
"I think the Milwaukee Mile is my favorite short-oval track we run on all season. The racing is always tight, the competition is high and there are always a lot of cars running at the end and fighting for position. This is another event where we always draw good crowds and it will be nice to get back to racing in the Midwest where the fans are hungry for exciting open wheel racing. I always seem to qualify pretty well in Milwaukee, and have managed to finish in the points there two out of the last three years. We always have a good set-up for Milwaukee, and I'm excited to be able to turn some laps with Toyota power. It should be a good race for the fans, and as long as we can remain consistent, I'll be happy. It's the time in the season where we need to start collecting some championship points, and Milwaukee is just the place to do it."