The Milwaukee Mile, West Allis, Wisconsin 1.032-mile oval Round 4 of 20 of the CART FedEx Championship Series Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone Track Record: 1998 Patrick Carpentier 20.028 seconds 185.500 mph 2001 Champion Kenny Brack 2001 Pole...
The Milwaukee Mile, West Allis, Wisconsin
Round 4 of 20 of the CART FedEx Championship Series
Track Record: 1998 Patrick Carpentier 20.028 seconds 185.500 mph
2001 Champion Kenny Brack
2001 Pole Sitter Kenny Brack
Mario Domínguez - Driver
"Here we go! After the long layoff since Motegi, I'm really excited to get to Milwaukee and really get the CART season started! I like the Milwaukee Mile track a lot and I like the city of Milwaukee too. I've had good results here the past two years in Indy Lights (2nd in 2001 and 3rd in 2000). When you add that to the test results we had on the Mile a couple of weeks ago, I'm really excited. The test we did was very helpful - we learned a lot of things about the car that should help us with set ups for the race weekend. I think every time you have a good test, it's good for the confidence not only of the driver but also the team. So we are feeling good. We are feeling ready and we are focused on getting into the rhythm of the season and getting results."
* The Milwaukee Mile marks Dominguez's fourth start in the CART FedEx Championship Series. This will be his fourth start on this track, following three starts in the Dayton Indy Lights series.
* Domínguez completed three days of testing during the four week break between rounds three and four of the FedEx Championship Series.
* Domínguez tested particularly well on The Milwaukee Mile, posting a best lap time of 22.5 seconds.
* In round three at Twin Ring Motegi, Domínguez had worked his way from a starting position of 19th to 4th position on the track before a drive-through penalty imposed by CART forced him a lap down and into 11th place. However the news was not all bad in that Domínguez scored his first finish of the season - a confidence booster for both he and the Herdez Competition crew.
* Domínguez currently stands 18th in the Drivers Championship with two points. He leads the Jim Trueman Rookie of the Year standings over Townsend Bell by two points. Domínguez has completed 282 of the possible 376 laps this season, placing him 14th in this ranking.
Television coverage of Friday's practice sessions will air on cable network SPEED at 3:00pm ET. CART Friday Night will air on SPEED from the 14th Annual Milwaukee Madness Bowling Tournament beginning at 10:30pm ET. Live audio and Timing and Scoring will be available on Friday from www.cart.com beginning at 2:50pm ET.