Mario DomÃnguez - Driver "It was a good day overall. We started with a very good car and I was comfortable from the start of the day. We tested here earlier in the month and I think that was very valuable to us in giving us a good starting place...
Mario Domínguez - Driver
"It was a good day overall. We started with a very good car and I was comfortable from the start of the day. We tested here earlier in the month and I think that was very valuable to us in giving us a good starting place for the car set up. We tried a few changes during both sessions and the car was very predictable. Now we need to keep the performance up for tomorrow when it really counts!"
On having two Mexicans (along with Adrian Fernandez) in today's top three "It's really great that the Mexicans are really beginning to show what we can do. For sure, Adrian opened the doors for us when he first began to compete in CART. The Mexicans are big fans and supporters of CART and the interest in the series is huge. A few years ago there weren't any other Mexican drivers coming up through the ranks but now you see them in Formula Atlantic and Barber Dodge and others. Hopefully, like the Brazilians, there will be a lot more join us in CART."
* The Milwaukee Mile marks Dominguez's fourth start in the CART FedEx Championship Series. This will be his fourth start on this track, following three starts in Dayton Indy Lights.
* Domínguez completed three days of testing during the four week break between rounds three and four of the FedEx Championship Series.
* Domínguez tested particularly well on The Milwaukee Mile, posting a best lap time of 22.5 seconds.
* In round three at Twin Ring Motegi, Domínguez had worked his way from a starting position of 19th to 4th position on the track before a drive-through penalty imposed by CART forced him a lap down and into 11th place. However the news was not all bad in that Domínguez scored his first finish of the season - a confidence booster for both he and the Herdez Competition crew.
* Domínguez currently stands 18th in the Drivers Championship with two points. He leads the Jim Trueman Rookie of the Year standings over Townsend Bell by two points. Domínguez has completed 282 of the possible 376 laps this season, placing him 14th in this ranking.
CART Friday Night will air on SPEED from the 14th Annual Milwaukee Madness Bowling Tournament beginning at 10:30pm ET. Saturday's qualifying session will be broadcast live on SPEED beginning at 2:00pm ET. Live audio and Timing and Scoring will be available on www.cart.com.