Brack wins, Toyota sweeps podium at Mexico City; five Toyotas in top seven. - Kenny Brack (Target Toyota) took the lead on Lap 61 and led the final 13 laps to lead fellow Toyota drivers Cristiano da Matta and Bruno Junqueira across the finish...
Brack wins, Toyota sweeps podium at Mexico City; five Toyotas in top seven.
- Kenny Brack (Target Toyota) took the lead on Lap 61 and led the final 13 laps to lead fellow Toyota drivers Cristiano da Matta and Bruno Junqueira across the finish line for the fourth Toyota podium sweep of the season to close out a dominating season in spectacular fashion for the manufacturer. With Tora Takagi finishing sixth and Scott Dixon in seventh, it gave Toyota five of the top seven cars today.
- Today's victory is the 10th of the season for Toyota and the manufacturer's 21th in the past three seasons -- the most of any manufacturer during that time period.
- Today's top-three podium sweep by Toyota is the manufacturer's fourth of the season following similar sweeps at Laguna Seca, Toronto and Denver.
- Kenny Brack's (Target Toyota) victory is his first of the season and the fifth of his career. It's his first career road course victory after winning all four of his previous races on ovals. It's his first victory with Target Chip Ganassi Racing and Toyota power.
- Cristiano da Matta (Havoline Toyota) earned his 11th top-three finish of the season with a runner-up finish and wins the FedEx Championship Series by 73 points over second-place Bruno Junqueira, 237-164. His 73-point advantage in the championship is the second-largest in modern CART history behind only Alex Zanardi's 116-point winning margin in 1998.
- With his third-place finish today, Bruno Junqueira clinches second-place in the FedEx Championship Series points race. The third-place is Junqueira's sixth podium finish of the season.
- Kenny Brack and Bruno Junqueira gave Target Chip Ganassi Racing two cars in the top three today, with teammate Scott Dixon making it three in the top seven with a seventh.
- Toyota drivers finished first and second in the CART points race with three in the top five and four in the top six. Cristiano da Matta won the title with 237 points followed by Bruno Junqueira in second with 164. Christian Fittipaldi finished fifth with 122 points and, on the strength of his victory today, Kenny Brack jumped from 11th to sixth with 114 points.
- With today's 1-2-3 sweep, Toyota wins the CART Manufacturer's Championship lead by a whopping 49 points, 332-283, over Honda. Ford was a distant third -- 73 points behind with 259.
- Oriol Servia made it six Toyotas in the top nine with a ninth-place finish today.