Toyota Motorsports: Race Results, Start/Finish ...
Race Results, Start/Finish
#12 Kenny Brack, 4/4
#5 Tora Takagi, 12/6
#6 Cristiano da Matta, 2/8
#17 Oriol Servia, 13/11
#11 Christian Fittipaldi, 9/13
#20 Townsend Bell, 5/15
#4 Bruno Junqueira, 3/17
#7 Scott Dixon, 19/18
Brack leads Toyota at Toyota GP of Long Beach.
- Cristiano da Matta led the first 32 laps of today's Toyota Grand Prix before being hit while exiting the pits while in the lead under a full-course caution. Da Matta was attempting to win a CART record-tying fourth consecutive win. The incident dropped da Matta back to 16th before he recovered to finish eighth.
- Despite the disappointment of losing a win that appeared to be very much in his grasp, Cristiano da Matta continues to lead the FedEx Championship Series points race with 27 points. He currently holds a five-point lead over Michael Andretti and Michel Jourdain.
- Kenny Brack's fourth today made him the top-finishing Toyota driver and is his best finish of the season. The result moves him into eighth in the CART points race. In addition, Brack led his first laps of the season.
- Tora Takagi finished a strong sixth today, matching his second-best performance ever. His career-best is a fourth at Houston last season. The second-year Champ Car driver ran in the top-10 for virtually the entire race.
- Christian Fittipaldi moved up from a ninth-place starting spot today to climb as high as third before mechanical problems sidelined him. Despite not scoring points today, Fittipaldi remains in the top-10 in points at seventh with 14.
Jim Aust, Toyota vice president of motorsports: "It's a disappointing finish to a race we dominated early. Obviously, Cristiano had the best car on the track today. It's unfortunate that he was caught up in that incident in the pits. We'll just have to regroup and get ready for Motegi."
Manufacturer's Championship: Honda 39, Toyota 34, Ford 29
Next Race: Bridgestone Potenza 500, April 27th, SPEED 11:30 p.m.