Michel Jourdain, Jr: "I'm very disappointed with today's result. We had a pretty good car and I had a very good lap going late in the session when the red flag came out (for Tagliani's incident). I feel like we could have been in the top three...
Michel Jourdain, Jr:
"I'm very disappointed with today's result. We had a pretty good car and I had a very good lap going late in the session when the red flag came out (for Tagliani's incident). I feel like we could have been in the top three of the first group - but 'could have been' isn't enough.
"This track is traditionally hard to pass on but I think that in the first few laps there could be some opportunities - maybe others will make some mistakes that I can take advantage of. It will be important tomorrow to really work hard on the 'in' and 'out' laps on either side of the pit stops and to have good race strategy. We have our work cut out for us but if things go our way, we could still get a good result."
* Tenneco Automotive Grand Prix marks Jourdain's 87th start in the CART FedEx Championship Series and his 84th consecutive start, beginning in Vancouver, 1996.
* Jourdain logs his 26th start with Herdez Bettenhausen at the Racewayn o Belle Isle and his fifth start at this event. His best finish here n was 8th in n 2000.
* So far in the 2001 season, Jourdain has completed 805 of the possible 811 laps of competition for a staggering 99.2% completion rate, tying him for third with Shinji Nakano and following Tony Kanaan and Scott Dixon.
* At his first event, Long Beach 1996, Jourdain made history by becoming the youngest driver ever to start a Champ Car event at 19 years, six months and two days old.
* The Tenneco Automotive Grand Prix of Detroit will be the team's 200th start in Champ Car competition.
What's on tap The 72-lap Tenneco Automotive Grand Prix of Detroit will take place on Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm ET, following a final 30-minute warm up session in the morning. Live timing and scoring of the warm up and race is available on the internet at www.CART.com. CART2Day will start the day's television coverage at 11:00am ET on ESPN2. The race will be broadcast live on the CART Radio Network and on ABC.