- DA MATTA ON FRONT ROW - Cristiano da Matta (Texaco/Havoline Toyota) held the provisional pole for much of Saturday's qualifying before losing the top spot late in the session on the way to capturing second and a front-row qualifying spot for ...
- DA MATTA ON FRONT ROW - Cristiano da Matta (Texaco/Havoline Toyota) held the provisional pole for much of Saturday's qualifying before losing the top spot late in the session on the way to capturing second and a front-row qualifying spot for Sunday's Tecate Telmex Grand Prix of Monterrey.
- MATCHES CAREER BEST - Cristiano da Matta matched his career-best qualifying effort today with a second. Da Matta also started on the outside of the front row last season at Toronto. He has campaigned Toyota power in each of his three Champ Car seasons.
- DA MATTA CONTINUES TOP 3 PACE - Cristiano da Matta has been in the top three in each full session of the weekend - placing second in Friday's practice; third in this morning's practice session and second in today's qualifying. Da Matta has been the top Toyota-powered driver in each session of the weekend.
- PATRICK PUTS TWO IN TOP-10 - Patrick Racing teammates Jimmy Vasser (Patrick Toyota) and Roberto Moreno (Visteon Toyota) placed ninth and 10th in qualifying today.
- DIXON TOP ROOKIE - Scott Dixon (PowerWare/PacWest Toyota) has been the top overall rookie in all three full sessions this weekend. The 2000 Dayton Indy Lights champion was seventh in Friday's practice and fifth this morning before registering a 14th in qualifying despite being delegated to the first group in CART's new qualifying system.
<pre> Toyota Drivers Monterrey Qualifying Place. Driver 2. Cristiano da Matta 9. Jimmy Vasser 10. Roberto Moreno 14. Scott Dixon 16. Christian Fittipaldi 17. Mauricio Gugelmin 20. Bruno Junqueira 21. Nic Minassian 25. Tora Takagi
- TOYOTA motorsports