Toyota streak snapped, Brack leads way at Cleveland. - After winning four consecutive races, the Toyota win-streak came to an end today with a variety of mechanical woes. Kenny Brack (Target Toyota) was the highest-finishing Toyota with a ...
Toyota streak snapped, Brack leads way at Cleveland.
- After winning four consecutive races, the Toyota win-streak came to an end today with a variety of mechanical woes. Kenny Brack (Target Toyota) was the highest-finishing Toyota with a fourth.
- Kenny Brack's fourth-place finish is his second consecutive top-four and his fourth of the season. He previously finished second at Toronto, third at Laguna and fourth at Long Beach.
- With Kenny Brack's fourth-place finish, Toyota continues to lead the CART Manufacturer's Championship with a 32-point advantage over Honda and a 52-point lead over Ford.
- Tora Takagi earned his fourth top-10 finish of the season with a strong seventh today.
- Christian Fittipaldi (Lilly Toyota) was the third Toyota to earn points today. The Brazilian was running fourth before running out of gas late in the race. It's his sixth points-paying finish of the season.
- Cristiano da Matta (Havoline Toyota) led the first 19 laps today before retiring due to boost problems. Da Matta had won the previous four races and seven of the previous 10.
- After leading the first 19 laps today, Cristiano da Matta continues to lead the series in laps led with 432 laps - almost twice the number of second-place Paul Tracy (222).
- Despite early retirements from Cristiano da Matta and Bruno Junqueira, the pair of Toyota drivers continue to lead the CART points race. With a fourth-place finish today, Kenny Brack moves up to sixth in points, just four points of fourth. Christian Fittipaldi gained one point today and currently ranks seventh, while Scott Dixon is in a tie for eighth.
Manufacturer's Championship: Toyota 166, Honda 134, Ford 114
Jim Aust, Toyota vice president of motorsports: "It wasn't a great race for us today, but we still hold a 32-point lead in the Manufacturer's Championship. We'll just re-group and get ready for Vancouver and look to start a new winning streak there."
Next Race: Molson Indy Vancouver, July 28th, SPEED, 4:30 p.m. EDT/1:30 PDT
<pre> Race Results Start/Finish #12 Kenny Brack 9/4 #44 Scott Dixon 12/15 #5 Tora Takagi 10/7 #6 Cristiano da Matta 1/16 #11 Christian Fittipaldi 4/12 #20 Townsend Bell 15/18 #4 Bruno Junqueira 8/13