A milestone for the 2014 IMSA Tudor United SportsCar Champions
Denver,NC - As the No. 5 Mustang Sampling Corvette DP from Action a Express Racing crossed the start finish line at Lap 149 it completed its 10,000 consecutive mile of competition.
During the inaugural IMSA Tudor United SportsCar Championship Season, Action Express Racing swept the series championships and along the way completed every mile of competition.
We couldn't think of a better place to achieve this milestone than historic Sebring Raceway.
The Denver, NC based team went on to complete every lap in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, and thus far have completed every lap in the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
The entry driven by defending series champions João Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi, with Sébastien Bourdais for three of the four NAEC Events is the only entry to have completed every lap of competition since the merger of the Grand-AM and American Le Mans Series.
"It's a tremendous accomplishment for our team," said team owner Bob Johnson. "We couldn't think of a better place to achieve this milestone than historic Sebring Raceway. Before this was one of the greatest racetracks in America, it served our country training the airborne heroes of World War II.
"Now that we've accomplished the mileage milestone, we've got another milestone we would like to accomplish at 10:40 PM tonight with one of our two entries."
Action Express Racing
• 2014 IMSA Tudor United SportsCar Champions
• 2014 Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup Champions
• Two time and defending winners of the Rolex 24 at Daytona
• Three victories in 2014, DIS, IMS, and Road America
• Overall winners of nine events since the team was formed in 2010
• 2014 IMSA Tudor United SportsCar Championship winning chassis
• 2014 Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup Championship winning chassis
• Coyote Chassis won four events and three poles in 2014 in the IMSA Tudor United Sports Car Championship
• Coyote Chassis are used by Action Express Racing, VisitFlorida.com Racing and Whelen Motorsports
Action a Express Racing