Shane Lewis Media Notes Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona - February 3-4, 2001 * The ...
Shane Lewis Media Notes
Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona - February 3-4, 2001
* The #48 Aspen Knolls Pilbeam Racing America Pilbeam/ Nissan/ Avon Tyres SRIIP entry of Shane Lewis, Bruno Lambert and Toni Seiler starts the 39th Annual Rolex 24 Hour of Daytona in 29th starting position with a time of 12:50.780 (115.689). The speed makes them the eighth-quickest SRIIP entry.
* Shane Lewis qualified the #48 Aspen Knolls Pilbeam/ Nissan and will start the car in the Rolex 24 Hour.
* The Aspen Knolls Pilbeam/ Nissan is one of only two non-Lola entries in the SRIIP class. The other is the #62 Mazda Kudzu.
* This is the first race for a Pilbeam MP84 chassis in North America. However, Pilbeam Race Designs, the United Kingdom-based parent company of Pilbeam Racing America successfully campaigned the MP84 chassis in Europe, winning the FIA Sports Racing Lights championship in 2000.
* The #48 Aspen Knolls Pilbeam is one of only two cars in the SRIIP-class running with only three drivers for the 24-hour enduro. Again, the other is the #62 entry. Overall, there are less than ten cars that have committed to altering only three drivers over the event.
* All three Aspen Knolls Pilbeam Racing America drivers have 24-hour race experience.
* The #49 Aspen Knolls Pilbeam Racing America entry has been withdrawn from the Rolex 24 Hours.
* Aspen Knolls will be competing in the 2001 American Le Mans Series (ALMS) GT-class with the Callaway Corvette C12. Aspen Knolls will be the sole team competing in the ALMS using the Callaway, which will turn its first wheel in competition at the Grand Prix of Texas, March 2-4th.
* To learn more about Aspen Knolls Racing, please see www.AspenKnollsRacing.com .
* To lean more about Pilbeam Racing America, please see www.PilbeamRacing.com .
* To learn more about Shane Lewis please see www.shanelewis.com .
* Sponsors for the #48 Aspen Knolls Pilbeam Racing America SRIIP include; Aspen Knolls Real Estate of New York, Nutter Kanaldicht, Cranium and Capul Business Solutions.