Pruett Fastest Overall in Three-Day Rolex 24 At Daytona Test DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 7, 2008)-Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) veteran road racer Scott Pruett topped the time charts (1.41.232) in the No.01 TELMEX/Target Riley...
Pruett Fastest Overall in Three-Day Rolex 24 At Daytona Test
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 7, 2008)-Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) veteran road racer Scott Pruett topped the time charts (1.41.232) in the No.01 TELMEX/Target Riley at Daytona International Speedway (DIS) in preparation for the Rolex 24 At Daytona during a three-day test which hosted 60 Rolex sport cars that will compete on January 26-27.
Pruett was joined in the No.01 Daytona Prototype by CGRFS NASCAR teammates Juan Pablo Montoya and Dario Franchitti along with his 2008 TELMEX teammate, Memo Rojas. To complete the team's eight driver line-up, the No.02 Target/TELMEX Riley was piloted by Target IndyCar teammates Scott Dixon and Dan Wheldon, reigning Indy Pro Series champion Alex Lloyd and Salvador Duran.
The team's focus throughout the weekend was to have all eight drivers acclimated to the car and tally as much seat time as possible. Dixon, Montoya and Wheldon returned to the car for the first time since last year's race while Franchitti returns to a DP after a two-year hiatus.
Without any major hitches throughout the weekend, the team now focuses on becoming the first team to win the prestigious endurance race a record three consecutive times. Last year saw Montoya, Pruett and Duran bring home the overall title while Wheldon, Dixon and Casey Mears made it to victory lane in 2006.
* Pruett set the weekend's fast time in the No.01 at 1.41.232 (126.600mph)
* Salvador Duran set the fastest time for the No.02 DP at 1.41.818 (125.872mph)
* The two CGRFS Daytona Prototypes logged 516 total laps and 1,837 miles over the three days
* No.01 and No.02 totaled 29 driver changes throughout the weekend
* CGRFS occupied five of the top-fifteen overall times in the weekend: No.01 -- 1st (1.41.232), 4th (1.41.576), 10th (1.41.891); No.02 -- 8th (1.41.818), 12th (1.41.911)