* Lead Lap 243 (9:11 p.m.) No. 5 Taylor pits second place Cadillac, van de Poele in as the team changes the race car's brake rotors. The race car entered the pits nearly a lap down and has lost several more laps during the stop. * At 9:15 p.m.,...
* Lead Lap 243 (9:11 p.m.) No. 5 Taylor pits second place Cadillac, van de Poele in as the team changes the race car's brake rotors. The race car entered the pits nearly a lap down and has lost several more laps during the stop.
* At 9:15 p.m., eight hours, 15 minutes into the race, the Sports Racer class leader is #20 leading #5 (in the pits and losing several laps), followed by #6 (11th overall and 17 laps down). The GTO class leader is #93+ (2nd overall), leading #91+ (3rd overall and 1 lap down), followed by #92+ (4th overall and 2 laps down. The GTU class has #81U (8th overall) leading #51U (9th overall and 1 lap down), followed by #2U (15th overall and 2 laps down). The AGT class has #84A ( 32nd overall) leading #40 (53rd overall and 40 laps down), followed by #09 (60th overall and 64 laps down).
* Lead Lap 247 (9:17 p.m.) second-place GTU No. 23U makes an extended pit stop to change a water pump.
* Lead Lap 248 (9:20 p.m.) #75U appears to blow engine on back straight and comes to a stop on the oval-track section of the chicane.
* Lead Lap 253, #5 returns to the race, 11 laps down and in sixth place, now behind the GTO leaders #93+, #91+, #92+ and #4+ that fill spots two through five behind leader No. 20. No. 5 received brake rotors all the way around and also repaired a seal on the gearbox after determining a problem through telemetry.
* Lead Lap 255 (9:33 p.m.), No. 23U returns in 20th overall and now seventh in class, 11 laps behind GTU leader No. #81U.
* Lead Lap 256, full course yellow for #46+ that stalled half on the race track after spinning to avoid #24U that also spun. No. 24U continued.
* Green flag Lap 261 and #20 Papis continues to lead by 12 laps over GTO leader #93+ that is second overall.
* Lola SportsRacers #06 (Engine fire) and #31 (Engine) have both officially retired.
* Lead Lap 265 (9:55 p.m.) #5 van de Poele pits the Cadillac for the second time in the last 12 laps. Driver stays in and the car takes fuel and transmission fluid. The car has now dropped another spot and is in seventh place behind the three Team Oreca Vipers and both GM Goodwrench Corvettes.
* Lead Lap 268, #7U, which was running 13th overall, and fifth in GTU is stopped at Turn 5 and is being towed back to the paddock. The crew reports that the car has a broken driveshaft.
* At 10 p.m., nine hours into the race and on Lap 272, the Sports Racer class leader is #20 leading by 12 laps over #5 (7th overall), followed by #63 (10th overall and 17 laps down). The GTO class is topped by #93+ (3rd overall) leading #91+ (4th overall and 1 lap down) and #92+ (5th overall and 1 lap down). The GTU class is led by #81U (8th overall) leading #51U (9th overall and 1 lap down), followed by #2U (12th overall and 6 laps down). The AGT class has #84A (33rd overall), followed by #40A (53rd overall and 54 laps down), followed by #09A (56th overall and 64 laps down to the class leader).
* At 10:10 p.m. #5 reported to have lost both brake and tail lights (lap #276), comes into the pits next time past, takes on fuel, new tires. #3+ pits on lap #277, fuel and tires while fifth overall, fourth in GTO class.
* At 10:15 p.m. #47 reported to have just one headlight. The #5 Cadillac remains in the pits while crew continues to work on left front brake problem. The other Cadillac (#6) is making up a lot of time and is now just one lap down to team-mate.
* #15+ enters pits slowly, stops in middle of road at pit central, restarts and proceeds to pits.
* #6 re-enters race at 10:22 p.m. (lap 282) after changing tires, adding fuel and changing drivers from Wallace to Lagorce.
* #20 continues to cruise along 10 laps ahead of second-place car, #91+ at 9:23 mark. #9 receives stop and go penalty, plus 10 seconds for speeding in pits.
* #5 Cadillac finally returns to race at 10:27 p.m. (lap 285) after brake repairs, now down three laps to #6 team-mate. #91+ pits on lap 286 (10:28 p.m.) for tires, fuel, driver change. Beretta replaced by Wendlinger. #38+ re-enters race from garage at 10:30 p.m. #24U being pushed behind wall at 10:33 p.m. #01 pits for fuel, tires, Stanton gets out Willingham in. #53A rejoins race from garage.
* At 10:35 p.m., the three Vipers (#93, #91, #92) continue to run second, third and fourth overall and first in GTO class, followed by Corvettes (#4 & #3).
* #74 re-enters the race from the garage at 10:38 p.m. #9 leaves pits but has to come back in to serve the stop-and-go and 10-second penalty for speeding on pit road. #57U goes behind the wall on lap 292. #10U also requests permission to go behind wall.
* #10U requests permission to go behind wall to work on radiator (lap 297 10:45 p.m.) while #7U rejoins race after extended stay in garage.
* At 10:50 p.m. (lap 298) #5 Cadillac goes behind wall for repairs. #35U also goes behind the wall for repairs.
* #47 reported to be running without headlights and brake lights, returns to pits for repairs. #40 returns to the race at 10:53 p.m. (lap 300).
* #58U spins entering the horseshoe, goes off circuit driver's left but re-enters in front of another car without incident on lap #302 at 10:55 p.m. #50U requests permission to go behind the wall to change brakes on next pitstop.
* RACE LEADER #20 pits on lap 302 at 10:58 p.m. for fuel, EFR gets in, Papis out. No tires. #3+ Corvette pits on same lap for fuel, tires, Fellows gets out and Kneifel gets in car.
* Lead Lap 307 (11:14 p.m.) #32+ is in the tire barrier at the horseshoe but the incident is covered by a local yellow. Car being towed back to garage.
* AT THE 10-HOUR MARK, the #20 car continues to lead the race overall and is up 16 laps over second-place Sports Racer #6 (7th overall) with #63 third in class (12th overall). In GTO, #93 Viper continues to lead by one lap over #91 Viper and third Viper #92. They are second, third and fourth overall and are all on lap #294. In GTU class, #81 leads (8th overall, 289 laps), #51 (9th overall, 288 laps) and #2 (281 laps, 11th overall). In AGT, #84 leads and is 27th overall, followed by #09 (53rd) and #40 (56th).
* #4+ pits for fuel, tires, driver change, Pilgrim out, Freon in.
* #92+ Viper pits at 11:24 p.m. for fuel, tires at 11:24 p.m. #24U returns to race again after eight minutes behind the wall.
* GTO CLASS lead change on lap 315 at 11:25 p.m. when #91 takes over from #93 and takes lead during team pitstops.
* #60 requests for permission to go behind the wall at 11:25 p.m. (lap 316). #47 continues to have problem with electrical as lights go out again. Control tells crew to bring him in – again. #53A requests permission to go behind wall.
* Both GTO and GTU classes have hot battles for the lead in class at 11:30 p.m. on lap 319. In GTO, the three Vipers separated by less than 22 seconds. In GTU, #81 leads #51 by less than one lap. #01U crew requests the car be called in because they have lost radio contact.
* At 11:35 p.m. (322) #5 crew continues to work to change gearbox and it's expected the car will be about another 25-30 minutes before it returns to race.
* At 11:45 p.m. (lap 327) RACE LEADER #20 pits for fuel, tires, EFR stays in car.
* At 11:46 p.m. (Lap 329), #3 pits for fuel and tires.
* At 11:47 p.m. (Lap 330) #67 goes behind the wall for repairs.
* At 11:49 p.m. (Lap 331) #95 pits and WADDELL exits the car and BOSS takes over.
* YELLOW FLAG waves at 11:50 p.m. (Lap 331) after #63 makes hard contact at Turn 6 with the inside wall. The driver, CHRIS RONSON, was transported to Halifax Medical Center with a possible left ankle injury. RONSON was awake and alert at the scene and reportedly stated that he had been caught up in traffic entering the Turn 6 left-hander.
* At 11:50 p.m., Lap 331 and under a full course Yellow Flag, #13A pulls behind the wall for repairs.
* At 12 p.m., 11 hours into the race, under a full course Yellow Flag and on Lap 333, the Sports Racer class is led by #20, followed by #316 (7th overall and 14 laps down), followed by #63 (13th overall and 30 laps down to the leader. The GTO class is led by #93+ (2nd overall), leading #91+ (3rd overall and 1 lap back) by 21.984 seconds, followed by #4+ (4th overall and 1 lap back). The GTU class is led by #81U (8th overall), leading #51U (10th overall and 9 laps back), followed by #2U (11th overall and also nine laps down). The AGT class is led by #84A (30th overall), leading by 62 laps over #09A (51st overall), and followed by #40A (58th overall and 96 laps down).
* GREEN FLAG waves at 12:03 a.m. (Lap 334) to resume the race.
* Also on Lap 334, #06 pits and WALLACE exits the car with LEITZINGER takes over the wheel.
* At 12:06 a.m. and Lap 337, #60 goes back to the paddock for repairs.
* At 12:08 a.m. and Lap 338, #51U retires from the race with a blown engine.
* At 12:19 a.m. and Lap 344, #04+ retires from the race with mechanical problems.
* Also at 12:20 a.m. and on Lap 344, #93 pits and BELLOC exits the car and is replaced by DONOHUE.
* It is also reported at 12:20 a.m. from several drivers around the track that the #92 Viper has developed an oil leak at speed on course.
* At 12:29 a.m. and Lap 347, #48+ pulls behind the wall for repairs. At the same time, #84A re-enters the race.
* At 12:30 a.m. and Lap 348, #5 ANGELELLI re-enters the race 72 laps down to the leaders in 35th position.
* Also at 12:30 a.m. and Lap 350, the running order is #20 leading by 12 laps over #91+, followed by #93+, #4+, and #3+.
* At 12:38 a.m. and Lap 352, the leader #20 pits for fuel and tires. EFR exits the car and WEAVER takes over the controls.
* At 12:40 a.m. and Lap 353, #74 re-enters the race.
* Also at 12:40 a.m. and Lap 353, #3+ pits for fuel and tires. KNEIFEL exits the car and BELL takes over.
* The top five positions at 12:40 a.m. are #20 leading by 11 laps over #91+, followed by #93+, #4+, and #3+.
* At 12:42 a.m. and Lap 356, #36 pits for fuel and tires. MATTHEWS exits the car and GIDLEY steps into the car.
* Also at 12:42 a.m. and Lap 356, #40A re-enters the race.
* Again at 12:42 a.m., #9 pits and LENZ exits the car and BROWN takes over the wheel.
* At 12:45 a.m. and Lap 357, #21U retires from the race due to mechanical problems.
* At 1 a.m., 12 hours (368 laps) into the race and halfway through the ROLEX 24 HOURS AT DAYTONA, the Sports Racer leader is #20, leading by 18 laps over #6 (7th overall), followed by #63 (29th overall and 65 laps behind the leader). The top ten at this point are #20 leading by 12 laps over second place #93+, followed by #91+, #4+, #3+, #92+, #6, #81U, #99+, and #23U. The AGT class is led by #84A (31st overall), leading #09A (47th overall and 55 laps down), followed by #40A (57th overall and 102 laps down to the AGT class leader).
* Also on Lap 368, #56U re-enters the race from the garage area.
* At 1:22 a.m. and on Lap 377, #20 pits for fuel only and returns to the track after a quick stop.
* At 1:26 a.m., #47 stalls on the backstretch. Grand-Am safety workers get the car towed to safety.
* At 1:30 a.m., the running order is #20 leading by 12 laps over #91+, followed by #93+, #4+, and #3+.