Rally * UK: Golf IV Kitcar drivers Tapio Laukkanen / Kaj LindstrÃ¶m will be supported at least twice in the British Rally Championship (BRC) this season by Finnish talent Jani Pirttinen. 25-year-old Pirttinen and his co-driver Tomi Tuominen...
* UK: Golf IV Kitcar drivers Tapio Laukkanen / Kaj Lindström will be supported at least twice in the British Rally Championship (BRC) this season by Finnish talent Jani Pirttinen. 25-year-old Pirttinen and his co-driver Tomi Tuominen are set to contest the "Pirelli International Rally" on May 6 and also the "Kumho Scottish Rally" in June. Pirttinen will drive his regular Finnish built Mk Golf III GTI. He is also in discussion for further two outings later in the year.
* Austria: The new VW Golf IV TDI Kitcar powered with Biodiesel had its successful premiere on the "Int. Bosch Super 4 Rally" on April 8. Raimund Baumschlager and his co-driver Klaus Wicha were able to keep the pace of the leading group and came fifth behind the World Rally Cars (WRC).
ADAC VW Lupo Cup and New Beetle Cup
* The Lupo Cup test days were held at the track in Oschersleben on April 10 - 11. The young driving talents were coached by their instructor Kris Nissen. Among driving practice the young drivers had evaluation lessons and a media workshop on their two day program.
* A test day for New Beetle Cup drivers will take place on May 9 in Oschersleben with Erik Schwarz, reigning New Beetle Cup champion, as instructor.
Formula König powered by Volkswagen
* A crowd of 32,000 spectators at the Motopark Oschersleben saw Dirk Werner's victory at the first round of Formula König. Austrian driver Bernhard Auinger came second and Tobias Alzenberger finished third. 27 drivers are competing this season. This is one of the greatest participations since founding of the championship in 1988.
* Great Britain: Neil Buckley seized the lead of the Volkswagen Polo Rally Challenge on April 15. The 28-year old from Kelso swept to class victory on the Gildons Somerset stages. Snowstorms and treacherously icy stages obstructed the event, but Buckley sped to seven stage wins which put him 13 championship points clear of closest challenger, Jazz Nandhra. 18-year-old Sabrina Shaw and co-driver Joanne Lockwood joint the Polo Rally Challenge and will bring a touch of Girl Power to the Volkswagen serie. Sabrina shot to fame in 1998 when she contested the "Network Q Rally of Great Britain" less than two months after passing her driving test. The next round is the "Pirelli Carlisle City Challenge" over the weekend of May 6 - 7.
* Italy: At the second round of the Italian Touring Car Championship (NTCC) in Binetto on April 16 Michele Mosetti (VW Polo 1.4) won in N6 class and Antonio De Meo (VW Polo 1.4) came third. VW Motosport Italia works driver Walter Santus made up ground from second row and finished second in N5 class.
* Michele Mosetti (VW Polo 1.4) took his second successive win in class N6 at the third round of the NTCC in Imola on April 30. Marco Baronicini (VW Polo 1.4) came second and Marco Conti was placed third. Matteo Galimberti and Walter Santus (both VW Polo 1.6) finished second and third in class N5.
Lupo Cup Italia
* Damiano Salvetti won the second round of the Italian Lupo Cup in Binetto. Daniele Turriziani finished second and Ronnie Machetti came third.
* On April 30 in Imola polesitter Daniele Turriziani finished first, just in front of Ronnie Marchetti and Massimiliano Wiser. The next Lupo Cup race is scheduled on May 29 in Pergusa.
* Italy: Walter Santus and Matteo Galimberti (VW Bora R-TDI) won the 4-hour race at Vallelunga. Santus was pole sitter and also claimed the fastest lap. The Golf III R-TDI driven by privateer Sabba / Sperati came third. The next round of the European Super Diesel Challenge is scheduled on May 14 in Misano Adriatico.
* Belgium: Dubois Racing team will prepare the Bora R-TDI for the 4-hour Spa Euro Races on June 10 with the drivers Jean-Francois Hemroulle and Tim Verbergt.
* Oschersleben: Jürgen Hohenester (VW Golf III) was placed third in the first round of the German Touring Car Challenge (DTC) in Oschersleben.
* Nürburgring: Erik Schwarz and Caspar Best won the Veedol-Langstrecken-Pokal at the Nürburgring in the class for alternative fuels. Their Golf III TDI was prepared by the team MB-Motorsport.