Your weekly dose of top 10 photos from around the world, shot by the award-winning Motorsport.com photographers.
Welcome to this week's top 10 photos chosen by our own photo editors. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did selecting these photos. And remember that you can write your own comments when you click on an image and bring up the photo viewer page.
Express yourself and let us know what you think!
10. Racing action at Michigan International Speedway, right up against the fence, with cars going by at nearly 200mph. Bonus points for using ominous clouds to help give this image a 'mood.'
9. Hey Jorge, can you possibly use more of your left side?
8. Confetti falls all over race winner Josef Newgarden. This shot can be hell on photographers as the confetti can play with the autofocus.
7. The new Ford GT that will compete at Le Mans and WEC/TUSC next year makes the list because, well, it's a stunning looking racing machine.
6. Two faces.
5. It's difficult to stress how difficult this image is to get right. What you can't see: dozens of photographers/team members/PR reps/fans behind this photographer. Getting a clean shot of Harvick climbing into the car means strategic placement, good timing and lots of experience.
4. Marquez may have fallen again during the Catalan GP last weekend, but he still makes a photo.
3. Like a tunnel, the wide angle on this image uses the curvature of the fencing, as well as the distortion of the start/finish line to frame the start. Great capture.
2. Rally Sardinia is known for its dusty stages, and this image doesn't disappoint.
1. What a moment. Impressive angle, fantastic timing to catch the car with good separation between sky and fans in the background. And that helicopter...so close...This has to be one of the top 10 photos of the year so far.