Your weekly dose of top-10 photos from around the world, shot by the award-winning Motorsport.com photographers.
Welcome to this week's top 10 photos chosen by our own photo editors. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did selecting those photos. And remember that you can write your own comments when you click on those photos and bring up the photo viewer page.
Express yourself and let us know what you think!
10. We don't feature NHRA photos often enough, but certain photos impress more than others (even though the sport itself is very impressive, in person). Great twilight capture of those ridiculous flames. Powerful.
9. We usually hesitate to use vertical photos in the top 10, but this one deserves it. Normal (that's relative) procedure for NASCAR flagstand photos is to 'hail-mary' over the flag waver's head with a fisheye lens. It's not often you see the hang-it-to-the-side method. Well done.
8. Singapore night life. With F1 cars. Scenic doesn't begin to describe it.
7. The Porsche armada with the famous COTA tower in the background. From the very first race held here in 2012 for the United States GP, this has been THE spot for photographers. It has become iconic.
6. And the view from said tower. This doesn't get old, both from the shooting perspective and the end results.
5. A different look at a start shot. This is actually the final corner before the true start, but the cars are perfectly bunched up and, to us, produces a much more effective start look and feel than turn one at COTA (the cars are strung out by the time they reach the top of that huge hill.)
4. Been done before, but the lights at the Singapore GP shouldn't be underestimated.
3. The conditions at COTA for the WEC weekend were difficult, for everyone. But this is an outstanding rain/spray photo that satisfies a lot of our visual hunger. Evenly spaced lights, complimentarily lit spray at the front and at the back of the car and the overall feel of moisture in the air. Really nice.
2. A spot of color in a see of dark/black trees. Reminds us of those cheesy wedding photos where everything is black and white except the flower or tie...but in a good way. It's hard to explain. But, we love.
1. Because lightning.