After getting at least one positive comment about my RPM2Night review, I decided to make it a weekly event. If you find this at all useful please let me know. RPM2Night is a weekly racing oriented show on ESPN2. The following topics were on...
After getting at least one positive comment about my RPM2Night review, I decided to make it a weekly event. If you find this at all useful please let me know. RPM2Night is a weekly racing oriented show on ESPN2.
The following topics were on the show, listed in order:
1) NASCAR - AC Delco 400. Ward Burton won his first WC race. Earnhart stays in the point battle by getting a top 10 finish. Race summary:
3:28.56 time of race 1.90 sec. margin of victory 7 cautions 64 laps
2) F1 - GP of the Pacific. Schumacher wins race and world championship for second straight year. Race summary:
1:48.49 time of race 14.92 sec. margin of victory 105.22 mph average speed
Derek Daly commented on Schumacher stating that he has the potential to be one of the great F1 drivers of all time. He also commented on Jacques Villeneve's testing with Williams saying that he was "superb" and very fast.
3) Busch Grand National. Showed photo finish with 3 cars, all side by side (bumping all the way). Todd Bodine got 1st and Johnny Benson got third, but won the title.
4) "Highlighted" all the accidents at the AC Delco 400.
5) IndyCar testing at Homestead. Gugelmin stated it was "similar to Indy". Vasser ran approx 80 laps and got a top speed of 190mph.
6) IRL sends invitations to 40 teams. Tony George stated that the IRL and the Disney 200 are about preserving the future of Indy. Jack Long stated that the paving at the Disney track was complete. They are scheduling tire tests with Goodyear and Firestone on November 27. He stated that they had been contacted by both tire companies and "numerous teams."
7) IndyCar. First reported the new board members then launched into the latest on the anti-500 race. Andrew Craig stated that they will develop plans for their own race on Memorial weekend. He also stated that they haven't determined a venue for the race yet, but they are actively talking to sponsors, potential venues as well as television.
Derek Daly made a comparison of the IRL and the Indy 500. He said it's as if the Canadian Football League owned the Super Bowl and in order to play in the Super Bowl you have to play Canadian Football to get there.
He also stated that he thinks that if Tony George could bring his "good events" with IndyCar's "good events" it could be huge for everybody.
-- Al Harrington | __, HP - Roseville Networks Division | _ _.--'-n_/ The Pruett Group Roseville, CA | -(_)------(_)= Hometown firstname.lastname@example.org |