The focus now is on race-ready preparation for the 52nd Anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona and Budweiser Speedweeks 2014.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Daytona International Speedway has shifted its focus to race-ready preparation for the 52nd Anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona and Budweiser Speedweeks 2014. Construction activities related to the DAYTONA Rising project will continue during this time.
“We are proud of the progress thus far on the DAYTONA Rising project and equally excited to welcome fans for the start of the 2014 racing season,” Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III said. “They will get an up close and personal look at all the progress we’ve made to date and hopefully, they will share in the excitement that we’ve felt since the groundbreaking in July. Our partners at Barton Malow and ROSSETTI have put us in a great position to continue momentum for the DAYTONA Rising project while preparing the facility so we can deliver unforgettable experiences for our loyal fans during our marquee events.”
Race-ready activities that are currently underway:
· Relocating merchandise store building pad outside the frontstretch
· Setting up hospitality village and the Budweiser 1876 Club
· Building temporary suite tower lobby and temporary ticketing trailers
· Mobilizing the Americrown temporary kitchen
· Admission Gates relocation completed and ticket scanning systems tested
· Paving within the construction site to support fan access and pedestrian traffic
Here is a recap of key construction activities since the last update in December:
· Steel installation near the middle bowl section of the frontstretch grandstand
· First slab on the metal deck (first elevated concrete pour)
· Completed pile cap installation