A total of sixteen teams -- with 39 cars -- expressed their interest in taking part in the 2007 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 by completing pre-registration between November 6 and December 21, 2006. Fifteen teams have been pre-selected for the 2007...
A total of sixteen teams -- with 39 cars -- expressed their interest in taking part in the 2007 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 by completing pre-registration between November 6 and December 21, 2006. Fifteen teams have been pre-selected for the 2007 season.
The Organizing Committee consists of Jean-Paul Mari (Motor Sport and Communications Director, Renault Sport), Francois Sicard (Circuit Racing Manager, Renault Sport), Jaime Alguersuari (President, RPM Racing) and Jordi Castells (Motor Sport Director, RPM Racing).
The Committee reviewed sixteen pre-registration requests. The list of the 15 pre-selected teams is as follows (in alphabetical order):
- BVM Minardi Team (ITA/2 cars)
- Carlin Motorsport (GBR/3 cars)
- Cram Competition (ITA/3 cars)
- District Racing (ROM/2 cars)
- Epsilon Euskadi Red Bull (ESP/3 cars)
- Epsilon Euskadi (ESP/3 cars)
- Fortec Motorsport (GBR/2 cars)
- Jenzer Motorsport (SUI/3 cars)
- Motopark Oscherlseben (GER/2 cars)
- Motorsport Arena (GER/2 cars)
- Omicron Racing (ESP/3 cars)
- Prema Powerteam (ITA/3 cars)
- SG Formula (FRA/2 cars)
- SG Drivers Project (FRA/2 cars)
- Thierry Boutsen Racing (BEL/2 cars)
SL Formula (GER/2 cars) also expressed its interest in taking part and has been placed on the standby list.
Five teams will therefore be making their first appearance in the championship: Carlin Motorsport, District Racing, Fortec Motorsport, Omicron Racing and Thierry Boutsen Racing.
It should also be noted that five teams entered in the World Series Formula Renault 3.5 will also be taking part in the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0: Carlin Motorsport, Cram Competition, Epsilon Euskadi, Fortec Motorsport and Prema Powerteam.
The second phase involves the pre-selected teams signing a participation agreement by January 26. The final list of participating teams will be announced in mid-February.