As revealed by Motorsport.com earlier today, the Battersea Park Formula E season two finale next year will take place over the weekend of July 2/3.
At the same time, the British Grand Prix, which was provisionally scheduled to take place on the original allocated Battersea Park weekend of June 25/26, has itself moved back to July 10.
Only one other subtle change to the season two calendar has been made, with an option for the first ever Paris ePrix to run on the Sunday over the April 23/24 weekend.
There was no confirmation of the TBC date in March, but as reported by Motorsport.com yesterday, the fifth round weekend has come forward by one week to March 12. Subject to final confirmation, the round will be held at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico City.
The FIA also ratified the recently announced:
- Introduction of a new rule permitting a maximum of two driver changes per race number during the season.
- The five fastest drivers from qualifying will then contest a single-lap Super Pole session to determine the top five positions on the grid.
- Increase of power in race trim to 170kW and 200kW in qualifying trim.
- Introduction of a Full Course Yellow system – similar to those seen in other FIA championships for on-track incidents.
- Extension of the FanBoost voting deadline until the start of the pit stop window mid-race.
The WMSC also confirmed Michelin as the single tyre supplier for the FIA Formula E Championship.
The contracts will cover Seasons Three (2016-2017), Four (2017-2018) and Five (2018-2019), subject to the finalisation of the corresponding agreements.
Season Two Formula E Calendar (2015/16)
October 24, Beijing, China
November 7, Putrajaya, Malaysia
December 19, Punta del Este, Uruguay
February 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina
March 12, TBC (Mexico City, Mexico?)
April 2, Long Beach, USA
April 23 or 24, Paris, France
May 21, Berlin, Germany
June 4, Moscow, Russia
July 2/3, London, UK