Tambay takes pole position for debut race. Barcelona, 25th April 2008. Adrien Tambay (FRA/Eifelland Racing) claimed his first pole position of the year in the new Formula BMW Europe. This means he has set himself up perfectly for the debut race ...
Tambay takes pole position for debut race.
Barcelona, 25th April 2008. Adrien Tambay (FRA/Eifelland Racing) claimed his first pole position of the year in the new Formula BMW Europe. This means he has set himself up perfectly for the debut race of the season on Saturday, being in the best position to become the winner in Round 1 in Barcelona. The French 17-year old son of former Formula 1 driver Patrick Tambay was up to speed after only a few laps in qualifying. A 1min 51.172sec lap topped the times of the 30-car field in the 20-minute session. Meanwhile, local hero Daniel Juncadella (ES/Eurointernational) from Barcelona is happy about second on the grid for Race 1. David Mengesdorf (DE/Mucke Motorsport) from Munich is best rookie in sixth.
Pole Setter Race 1: Adrien Tambay.
"I am pretty happy about the first pole in Formula BMW Europe. The consistency of the car was perfect, and I felt I could have driven more laps at this level. In the morning during free practice the track was a little bit dirty and I had problems with my car or myself, but I don't know which it was. However, qualifying was really good. Definitely I want to win the first race."
Best national Competitor: Daniel Juncadella P2.
"At the start of qualifying I had too much traffic, but later on it was really good. I am happy about my second on the grid for Race 1. I am looking forward to the race because I am from Barcelona and a lot of people will come to watch it. Some years ago I was here to see Formula 1. Now I am driving here. That`s really amazing."
Best Rookie: David Mengesdorf P6.
"It was a really strange qualifying, because on my first out lap my car was damaged by another car. After that I had problems driving straight. With the result as the best rookie I am totally happy. This weekend will be really exciting for me. All the Formula 1 spectators and the whole atmosphere are great."
For the drivers, the race weekend in Barcelona consists of two Races: Race 1 on Saturday 17.45-18.15 hrs, Race 2 on Sunday 09.15-09.45 hrs.
Starting Grid, Race 1:
1. Adrien Tambay (FR/Eifelland Racing)
2. Daniel Juncadella (ES/Eurointernational)
3. Marco Wittmann (DE/Josef Kaufmann Racing)
4. Jazeman Jaafar (MY/AM-Holzer Rennsport)
5. Esteban Gutierrez (MX/Josef Kaufmann Racing)
6. David Mengesdorf* (DE/Mucke Motorsport)
7. Michael Christensen* (DK/Double R Racing)
8. Kevin Breysse (FR/DAMS Team)
9. William Buller (GB/Fortec Motorsport)
10. Pedro Bianchini (BR/FMS International)
11. Mihai Marinescu (RO/FMS International)
12. Tiago Geronimi (BR/Eifelland Racing)
13. Rupert Svendsen-Cook (GB/Double R Racing)
14. Ramon Pineiro* (ES/Fortec Motorsport)
15. Kazeem Manzur* (GB/Josef Kaufmann Racing)
16. Facundo Regalia* (ES/Eurointernational)
17. Jim Pla (FR/DAMS Team)
18. Henrique Martins* (BR/Eifelland Racing)
19. Doru Sechelariu (RO/Fortec Motorsport)
20. Carlos Huertas (Co/Double R Racing)
21. Anthony Comas (FR/Mucke Motorsport)
22. Ollie Millroy* (GB/FMS International)
23. Giancarlo Vilarinho (BR/Eurointernational)
24. Bastian Graber (DE/AM-Holzer Rennsport)
25. Juan Cevallos (EC/Mucke Motorsport)
26. Thomas Hillsdon* (GB/Motaworld Racing)
27. Mathijs Harkema (NL/Motaworld Racing)
28. Melvin Moh (MY/AM-Holzer Rennsport)
29. Jordan Williams (GB/DAMS Team)
30. Asad Rahman* (AE/Motaworld Racing)
-credit: fbmw eu
About this article
|Drivers||Patrick Tambay , Jazeman Jaafar , Esteban Gutierrez Shop Now , Adrien Tambay , Melvin Moh , Carlos Huertas , Doru Sechelariu , Jordan Williams , Anthony Comas , Rupert Svendsen-Cook , Pedro Bianchini , Marco Wittmann , Tiago Geronimi , Mathijs Harkema , Michael Christensen , Kazeem Manzur , Henrique Martins , Daniel Juncadella , Asad Rahman , Thomas Hillsdon , Ramon Pineiro , Giancarlo Vilarinho , Bastian Graber , David Mengesdorf , Ollie Millroy , Juan Cevallos , Mihai Marinescu , Kevin Breysse|
|Teams||Williams , Mücke Motorsport , DAMS|