Alx Danielsson confirmed champion! The Italian National Court of Appeal for Motorsport, the CSAI (Commissione Sportiva Automobilistica Italiana) met on December 6, 2006 to examine the appeal lodged by Draco Racing Team srl subsequent to ...
Alx Danielsson confirmed champion!
The Italian National Court of Appeal for Motorsport, the CSAI (Commissione Sportiva Automobilistica Italiana) met on December 6, 2006 to examine the appeal lodged by Draco Racing Team srl subsequent to the disqualification of Pastor Maldonado from Race 1 in Misano (held on July 15, 2006). This appeal has been rejected, with the result that Alx Danielsson is now confirmed as the 2006 World Series Formula Renault 3.5 champion.
On January 24, the Italian National Court of Appeal confirmed the disqualification of Pastor Maldonado for technical non-compliance (non-regulation use of an adjustment washer in the rear suspension geometry).
At its hearing on January 16 2007, the Italian National Court of Appeal for Motorsport (CSAI) also examined the appeal lodged by Cram Competition srl subsequent to 25-second penalty imposed on Ben Hanley for dangerous driving in Race 1 at Misano. The National Court of Appeal overruled this decision on January 18, 2007.
The resulting standings for Race 1 in Misano are therefore as follows:
1. Ben Hanley (Cram Competition)
2. Sebastian Vettel (Carlin Motorsport)
3. Andy Soucek (Interwetten.com)
4. Alvaro Parente (Victory Engineering)
5. Borja Garcia (RC Motorsport)
6. Alx Danielsson (Comtec Racing)
7. Mikhail Aleshin (Carlin Motorsport)
8. Enrico Toccacelo (Eurointernational)
9. James Rossiter (Pons Racing)
10. Robbie Kerr (KTR)
These decisions have a limited impact on the Championship standings. Ben Hanley simply moves ahead of Eric Salignon to take 8th place in the Drivers' standings.
1. Alx Danielsson (SWE) 112 pts
2. Borja Garcia (ESP) 107 pts
3. Pastor Maldonado (VEN) 102 pts
4. Andy Soucek (ESP) 99 pts
5. Alvaro Parente (POR) 94 pts
6. Sean McIntosh (CAN) 63 pts
7. Christian Montanari (SMR) 58 pts
8. Ben Hanley (GBR) 55 pts
9. Eric Salignon (FRA) 48 pts
10. Davide Valsecchi (ITA) 43 pts
1. Interwetten.com (AUT) 160 pts
2. Draco Multiracing USA (ITA) 132 pts
3. Comtec Racing (GBR) 130 pts
4. Carlin Motorsport (GBR) 121 pts
5. RC Motorsport (ITA) 114 pts