Paul di Resta will stay on at the Williams F1 team as its reserve driver for the 2017 season, the Grove squad announced on Monday.
The Scot left Formula 1 at the end of 2013 to race in the DTM, but returned to the sport with Williams last year as its reserve driver, a role he will retain this season.
"I am delighted to remain at Williams as reserve driver for the 2017 season," said di Resta. "I'm looking forward to getting to grips with the controls and procedures of the FW40 and understanding the new regulations.
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Claire and everyone at Williams for their continued support in being part of the team."
De Resta, who has not driven F1 machinery since 2013, will continue attending the races in 2017 in case he needs to replace one of the race drivers.
"It's great for us to retain someone with Paul's experience in the team," said team boss Claire Williams. "His extensive Formula 1 knowledge will once again be invaluable, especially with new regulations in place for the 2017 season.
"Paul has been a great asset to the team over the past year and it is great that we will be able to continue working with him again in 2017."
Retro F1 tech: The ground effect era
Wolff and Lauda to remain at Mercedes until 2020
About this article
|Drivers||Paul di Resta|
|Article type||Breaking news|