Schumacher camp quiet amid comeback reports

Michael Schumacher, his spokeswoman and his doctor on Sunday refused to comment on intense speculation the 40-year-old is set to return to the Formula One grid in 2010. German reports including in Bild and Express newspapers and the...

Michael Schumacher, his spokeswoman and his doctor on Sunday refused to comment on intense speculation the 40-year-old is set to return to the Formula One grid in 2010.

German reports including in Bild and Express newspapers and the news magazine Focus say the seven time world champion has now essentially agreed a one-year deal to drive alongside Nico Rosberg at Mercedes next season.

But his spokeswoman Sabine Kehm is currently refusing to comment, as is Johannes Peil, Schumacher's doctor who earlier this year called off the temporary Ferrari return due to a lingering neck injury.

Peil told Bild am Sonntag: "At the moment there's no comment about that from me."

Schumacher, meanwhile - who would be 41 when he lines up on the Bahrain grid next March - participated in a kart race in his hometown Kerpen this weekend.

He said: "I'm sorry, I don't want to say anything. I'm here for the karts and just want to have fun."

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series Formula 1
Drivers Michael Schumacher , Nico Rosberg
Teams Ferrari , Mercedes