Nico Rosberg: "We are very optimistic. Now, I look forward to flying to Australia and getting back to racing."
MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS wrapped up the third and final pre-season test of 2015 today at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, with Nico Rosberg at the wheel of the F1 W06 Hybrid.
• Today's schedule consisted of setup evaluation work.
• Nico emerged for his first run at precisely 09:00 CET, completing 70 laps before lunch and a further 78 after the lunch break.
• Mercedes-Benz Power Units today completed a total of 1,876 km.
• Mercedes AMG Petronas completed a total of 378 laps (2,066 km) of the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya over the four day test.
• The team will now return to Brackley to prepare for the first Race of 2015 in Melbourne, Australia, in two weeks time.
Date: Sunday 01 March 2015
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Driver: Nico Rosberg
No of Laps: 148
Circuit Length: 4.655 km
Kilometres Covered: 689
Best Lap Time: 1:25.186
Weather: Mainly sunny, dry, high temp 19°c
Nico Rosberg: "Today was a good day and, overall, that was a very interesting test here in Barcelona. We made some mechanical set up changes on the car which was very interesting to me. I also did a long run at the end today on the soft tyres which was okay. In Melbourne we will have the soft tyre and it will be a challenge to manage them well, so we need to look at that. After this test, though, we can be happy. The team did a fantastic job. Thanks to everybody, who was involved in the development of the car. We are very optimistic. Now, I look forward to flying to Australia and getting back to racing."
|4||Max Verstappen||Toro Rosso||1:24.527||85|
|5||Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull||1:24.638||72|
|6||Sergio Perez||Force India||1:25.113||130|
|7||Nico Rosberg||MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS||1:25.186||148|
Mercedes AMG Petronas