Staggering reports that the FÃ©dÃ©ration Internationale de l'Automobile President Max Mosley has been involved in Nazi style orgy with five prostitutes have emerged from a prominent tabloid newspaper in the UK. The News of the World has...
Staggering reports that the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile President Max Mosley has been involved in Nazi style orgy with five prostitutes have emerged from a prominent tabloid newspaper in the UK.
The News of the World has published a video which it claims shows the 67-year-old engaging in 'sadomasochistic orgy' with the prostitutes that reportedly involved Nazi role-playing.
The newspaper in its graphic report claims that multi-millionaire Mosley paid £2500 to engage in the sordid five-hour event, which is reported to have occurred in a £2million riverside apartment on London's Chelsea Embankment, close to Mosley's own London home.
Mosley's late father Sir Oswald Mosley was the former leader of the British Union of Fascists. Sir Oswald had campaigned for a negotiated peace with Nazi Germany and was interned in Britain during the war under special Defence Regulations together with other prominent fascists.
Oxford University educated Mosley is a former barrister, racing driver and was a founder and co-owner of the March racing car constructor and Formula One racing team. Mosley made much of his fortune when he sold his stake in March in 1997.
The reports, if true, could well put Mosley in a difficult position with regards to his future involvement with the FIA and Formula one.
The FIA itself has refused to be drawn into the allegations that are said to have occurred at noon on Friday (28th March) and has simply commented: "This is a matter between Mr. Mosley and the paper in question, we understand that Mr. Mosley's lawyers are now in contact with that newspaper and the FIA has no comment." said the FIA spokesman.
However the shocking allegations have caused outrage with many groups. Karen Pollock, chief executive of the Holocaust Educational Trust, has told The Times Newspaper in the UK: "This is sick and depraved. For anyone to be in such a position of influence and power beggars belief. I am absolutely appalled."
Stephen Smith, director of the Holocaust Centre, speaking to ITV-F1.com, added: "As Mr Mosley has condemned the racism in motor sport he should live up to the standards he sets. This is an insult to millions of victims, survivors and their families. He should apologize. He should resign from the sport."
F1 legend Stirling Moss talking to The Times Newspaper said: "I don't see how he can continue. I hope he can, frankly, because I think he's very good at what he does. I suppose what goes on behind closed doors is his business but when a thing comes out like this . . . it's an absolute shocker."
However Bernie Ecclestone the president and CEO of Formula One Management and Formula One Administration feels the allegations if confirmed need not affect the sport or Mosley's position at the FIA at all.
"I've known him an awful long time," he told The Times Newspaper. "If somebody had told me this without the evidence I would have found it difficult to believe. Assuming it's all true, what people do privately is up to them.
"I don't honestly believe (it) affects the sport in any way. Knowing Max it might be all a bit of a joke. You know, it's one of those things where he's sort of taking the piss, rather than anything against Jewish people."
Mosley who became president of the FIA in 1993 has been married to wife Jean since 1960. They have two children: Alexander, who was born in 1970, and Patrick, who was born in 1972.
The shockwaves circulating due to the latest scandal in F1 based on innuendo shows that the world is watching any news about the series and the FIA since the spy scandal hit the fans last year. Even if the UK newspaper does have the facts right, Mosley's private life is now front and center instead of just that -- private. If they are false, then Mosley's head is being put on a platter based on rumours which seems unfair.